Stock tranny cooler?

OP
OP

94gtstang50

Reaction score
The tiny one that runs in front at the bottom of it? And can we pull it off and replace it with a large aftermarket one, or must it be replumed (new word?) and new holes drilled into the pan? :dunno:

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
94GtStAnG5o said:
The tiny one that runs in front at the bottom of it? And can we pull it off and replace it with a large aftermarket one, or must it be replumed (new word?) and new holes drilled into the pan? :dunno:

I think thats for the AC :)

OP
OP

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Theres a little one in front of the ac "radiator", real small, or at least I thought there was.

wayne94mustang

Reaction score
that's the power steering cooler......the stock 'cooler' is IN the radiator....you cant see it

OP
OP

94gtstang50

Reaction score
ahhh, ok. Is there any way to disconnect it and replace it with an aftermarket one using the hoses in place, or does it have to be re-piped for that?

wayne94mustang

Reaction score
all i did was find out wich is the return line and after it comes out of the rad cut the line and run it to the new cooler and the return for the new cooler hooks up to the factory line you cut

you dont have to use the factory setup at all but it gets cold here and with my b&m cooler blocked off and the atf still going threw the rad cooler in 40 degree weather it might only show 100-110 degrees on my tranny temp gauge. so i run both to keep some heat in the fluid.

oh and when its in the high 90-100 degrees it never goes over 170 degrees unless im being evil to the tranny ;D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online