Stprorolla49's 2001 DHG Bullitt Build Thread *Update 12/2/12-IRS REBUILD, STINGERS!"

OP
OP
stprorolla49

stprorolla49

Reaction score
stprorolla49, are you still running the stock midpipe?

Negative, I'm running a Magnaflow catted x-pipe. Today Kevin hollowed out the cats, they were destroyed inside. He then made a few more pulls, with the best resulting in 388/386@6500 at 12 psi. I will NOT be revving the car that high ever, I normally shift around 5700-5800. Still don't know why the boost is at 12 psi, but doesn't matter much because at 5500 which is closest to the point I shift, it was at 10 psi making 37xhp (can't remember). He said the tune is safe and the car runs awesome now that the exhaust is free of shit.

Although I was expecting higher numbers, I am happy with 388 as it is just a street car, and almost 150rwhp more than I had. I want my stock shortblock to last for a while so I'm going to take it easy and enjoy it.

Tomorrow he will be making a bunch more pulls, fine tuning a bit, and taking videos. More to come tomorrow!, stay tuned!

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
Sickkkk...your car is going to be SO loud now, I can't wait to hear it.

Beers, BBQ, detailing....SOON

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Right on man, with centrifugural blowers they tend to make more boost the higher you rev them regardless of what the pulley is rated for. Are you running stock manifolds ? Anyways right on Dude hope you enjoy the new power Dude

OP
OP
stprorolla49

stprorolla49

Reaction score
Sickkkk...your car is going to be SO loud now, I can't wait to hear it.

Beers, BBQ, detailing....SOON

Yeaaaaaaa buddy! Are you gonna be home Fathers day weekend?

Right on man, with centrifugural blowers they tend to make more boost the higher you rev them regardless of what the pulley is rated for. Are you running stock manifolds ? Anyways right on Dude hope you enjoy the new power Dude

Yes I am running stock manifolds. Maybe sometime in the future I'll get some longtubes and a tubular k while I'm at it, but I've spent a lot to get this thing together, I just wanna detail the shit out of it, fix a few little things that have been bugging me for a while, and just drive the shit out of it and enjoy it!

OP
OP
stprorolla49

stprorolla49

Reaction score
UPDATE: today, Kevin did some more tuning, and with much better air he pulled 404/398@6100 at 13psi and 391/372@5500 at 10psi. I will NOT be shifting the car higher than 5500 anyway so I am very happy with the numbers. I wish the 13 psi numbers were at 10 psi, but overall I am very happy with the results.

Saturday I will have the dyno graph and videos!

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Right on man nice numbers. I shift usually when the car stops making power you can feel it start to level off so I shift right before then do many people ride there car to redline thinking its faster, in almost all cases it's not. Glad ur happy now enjoy ur bullit because summer is near

MadStang

Reaction score
Right on man nice numbers. I shift usually when the car stops making power you can feel it start to level off so I shift right before then do many people ride there car to redline thinking its faster, in almost all cases it's not. Glad ur happy now enjoy ur bullit because summer is near

you should always shift at the RPM that will put you at peak torque in the next gear, gives you the full rpm band to use.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yea my yellow car I shifted at around 5500 my blue car well that's diff and I shift at like 6800 any higher and they don't pull nearly as hard in the next gear

Ruddersdhg01

Reaction score
UPDATE: today, Kevin did some more tuning, and with much better air he pulled 404/398@6100 at 13psi and 391/372@5500 at 10psi. I will NOT be shifting the car higher than 5500 anyway so I am very happy with the numbers. I wish the 13 psi numbers were at 10 psi, but overall I am very happy with the results.

Saturday I will have the dyno graph and videos!

Very nice man. Happy Everything worked out.

OP
OP
stprorolla49

stprorolla49

Reaction score
you should always shift at the RPM that will put you at peak torque in the next gear, gives you the full rpm band to use.
Exactly? It made peake tq at 4850, so I figure a 600-700 rpms drop(?) between shifts, so at 5500, it will put me right around the tq peak?

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Nice numbers!! How did he change the boost from 13 to 10? did he change pullies?

OP
OP
stprorolla49

stprorolla49

Reaction score
Nice numbers!! How did he change the boost from 13 to 10? did he change pullies?
Nope, just lower in the rpm range. It was the same pull and the same pulley, but since I won't be revving it nearly that high, the peak numbers don't matter as much to me. I wanna keep this thing in one piece!

PS, off topic Greg, but mine and JonBeast's close friend Alex is going to come into CG at some point this week and I told him to come see you. I said you would lead him the right way on a few products!

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, tell him to ask for me. I am not working friday (I never do) but i will be back in the office on monday if he wants to say hi!!!

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Congrats broski. We gotta meet up so I can check this thing out. Glad Kevin worked his magic

OP
OP
stprorolla49

stprorolla49

Reaction score
Congrats broski. We gotta meet up so I can check this thing out. Glad Kevin worked his magic
Hell yea man! I believe the Saturday after this coming one, Jon is coming down to jersey from Boston and I'll be in jerz as well. We're gonna be drinkin beers and detailing all day, maybe you can come up and shoot the shit.

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
Yeaaaa...Mike bring the red slut! We could do a sick photoshoot. Although I'll be the only one without a whistle :(

...For now...;)

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
hhhmmmm, when are you guys doing this? I need to start putting miles on this freaking car lol