Stprorolla49's 2001 DHG Bullitt Build Thread *Update 12/2/12-IRS REBUILD, STINGERS!"

OP
OP
stprorolla49

stprorolla49

Reaction score
UPDATE: DYNO VIDEO!!

I picked the car up from Kevin on Saturday, and DAMN does this thing run awesome! It drives completely like stock, idles smooth, cruises smooth, doesn't buck, but when you goose it man does it rip! I am overall extremely satisfied with the top notch and very thorough job that Kevin did with the tune, as well as a few maintenance things and repairs that he made while the car was in the shop. He texted me every step of the way to let me know what was going on with the car, and I felt very comfortable with him having the car. Thanks Kevin!

Here's the dyno video of the best pull:

[video=youtube;jt2-_on5ycI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jt2-_on5ycI&list=HL1339365273&feature=mh_lolz[/video]

Enjoy!

OP
OP
stprorolla49

stprorolla49

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I'm lovin every time I get into boost! It's kinda nice, with the 4.10's it's almost immediate. 1st gear is way too short, but 2nd and 3rd RIPPPPP!!

OP
OP
stprorolla49

stprorolla49

Reaction score
sounds good man.

next on the list - gears?
Thanks dude! Nah I'm going to keep what I have in there for now. Down the road at some point I might swap them out, but I really don't have the money to swap them now. At this point I'm done spending money on the car for a while besides minor little things (shift light, floor mats), and overall just "mintifying" the car again!

OP
OP
stprorolla49

stprorolla49

Reaction score
UPDATE: I am currently on the quest of "mintifying" my car and fixing a few things that have been bothering me for a while. I also desperately needed to install a shift light to keep this thing under wraps. Sometimes it's difficult to keep my eye on the road, on the tach, and keep the tires under control :D

Yesterday I installed my Dual Mode Raptor shift light. I wanted to keep it stealthy and out of sight, so I did what a lot of guys have done and hid the light in the a/c vent and ran the wiring through the a/c duct. Here's a write up I created and will post in the write up section:

08a2a721.jpg

01copy.jpg

02copy.jpg

03copy.jpg

04copy.jpg

05copy.jpg

06copy.jpg

07copy.jpg

08copy.jpg

09copy.jpg

10copy.jpg

11copy.jpg

12copy.jpg

13copy.jpg

Then today I finally got a chance to wetsand and re-clearcoat my third brake light. I wetsanded with 320, 600, and 1000 grit, then hit it with 2 coats of clear. I let it dry for most of the day, then polished it with CG V36 and V38. Here are the results!

Pre-sanding...

IMG_7165.jpg

Bulbs and wiring harness removed and holes taped up...

IMG_7167.jpg

Wetsanded to 1000 grit...

IMG_7176.jpg

Clearcoated...

cabaa7e2.jpg

Polished...

d6e4f2c1.jpg

I've got a few more small thing planned before the American Muscle Show in August including a full paint correction!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have been considering a shift light in the future and was happy to see this write up. I have to say as an audio/security installer of 15 yrs that T-taps have absolutely no use in cars. I know they come with alot of pieces to make connections easier but sooner or later it is a mechanical connection that will fail after developing corrion/resistance. When I first started in 12v I was told crimps are acceptable, solder is prefered but t-taps are a hell-no and after troubleshooting countless problems that came down to a bad connection at a T-tap that it is true. With all the trouble to get to that connection it would have been worth the time to spend the extra 10 mins to solder the connections.

OP
OP
stprorolla49

stprorolla49

Reaction score
I have been considering a shift light in the future and was happy to see this write up. I have to say as an audio/security installer of 15 yrs that T-taps have absolutely no use in cars. I know they come with alot of pieces to make connections easier but sooner or later it is a mechanical connection that will fail after developing corrion/resistance. When I first started in 12v I was told crimps are acceptable, solder is prefered but t-taps are a hell-no and after troubleshooting countless problems that came down to a bad connection at a T-tap that it is true. With all the trouble to get to that connection it would have been worth the time to spend the extra 10 mins to solder the connections.

For the most part I definitely agree with you and pretty much always solder my electrical connections, but there was so little room down there to get a soldering iron in, and I didn't really want to heat up the wire too much near the 100 other wires that go into that connector. If I have any problems in the future I will definitely rethink my plan of action, but for now I'm going to leave it alone. Thanks for the advice though, I definitely agree with you if that means anything haha.

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Clean install Mike. I actually sanded down my headlights with 300, 400, 600, 800, 1000, 2000 then used m105 and finishing polish to get the tiny marks out. Came out 95% good. Then added a urethane gloss with a mixture of mineral spirits for like clear coat protection. Since I made the headlights I a long time I can't buy them any where, and the smoked portion of it doesn't exist. They make lighter version of my headlights. Heres a picture:

20120706220820.jpg
Now I gotta update my thread.

Steve@CJPP

Reaction score
awesome write up and damn great work on the third brake light. I just said screw it and put a smoked LED version on the B awhile back.

OP
OP
stprorolla49

stprorolla49

Reaction score
UPDATE: Got some new parts in today! I got my Moroso fabricated aluminum coolant overflow tank yesterday, got a replacement gauge glass/bezel from American Muscle to replace my slightly cracked one, and I should have my brushed radiator cover either Friday or next Monday.

abf6ca7b.jpg

spacer.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
STANGFLOYD

Members online