stroker guys

Suspect

Reaction score
come in and lets see em. post ur combos, dyno #s, and track times. post pics if u have em. :)

OP
OP
Suspect

Suspect

Reaction score
:dunno: what is everyone here a street racer?! :D

Downshift

Reaction score
Hmm, I would like to see this brough back from the dead.

OP
OP
Suspect

Suspect

Reaction score
i guess ill have to list all my parts soon. dart 347 coming soon!! :naughty:

Downshift

Reaction score
Sweet man. Guess your gonna have to start this thread going then haha. Im looking at what kinda gains and all from strokers and all that good stuff so I wanna see this thread full.

ryclef331

Reaction score
I'll have new numbers for you guys VERY soon on my newest setup...

old best was 317rwhp and 377 tq on a 331 w/ seriously JACKED UP afr 185s, edelbrock performer, and bunk ass erson "custom ground" cam.

New setup will FIXED afr185's, trickflow trackheat, CUSTOM D. ELGIN CAM, and (if you're nice) I'll spray it with my new Nitrous Express Gemini TWO STAGE plate kit. Depending on what it makes on murder...I mean MOTOR, depends on whether I spray it on DEATH or KILL!!!!111!

Numbers coming soon.... >:D

Mr. OAM

Reaction score
I caught heck for this engine once already but as stipulated it was built for my wife who wanted a "nice idle", which greatly limits the power I could have made with it. She wanted something that would idle nice (no lope or anxiety), be reliable, and be fun when she wanted to have fun (read "spirited driving"). So with all this in mind I tried to make the torquiest "mild" engine I could without spending huge bucks, though I did spend plenty. It is in a 2,700 pound 1966 Mustang, could even be less. I need to get it weighed, and an inaccurate weight told to the dyno guy may have also skewed the output numbers, I don't know.

Anyways she told me she doesn't want me to make it any faster (I asked) and she is very happy with it. The only reason it is a stroker is because we were told it was a 302 when we bought it but it turned out to be a 289. Rare circumstances at Ford behind that confusion (casting numbers, and we knew it was not the original engine) She said she would rather it be a 302 so while looking up reciprocating assemblies for it I found the 331 stroker kit was the same price. This was a no brainer so I got it. For long term reliability I did not get the 347 kit.

It accelerates from 60 mph to 110 mph the same as it accelerates from 0 to 60. Throttle response is amazing too. I didn't make it to the track this year to see what it will do but it was on a dynojet last year. I suspect, looking at the dyno sheet, that max torque could actually be a little higher below where WOT occurred.

Here's the build....

1968 302 Block
Ford Racing GT-40 X305 Aluminum Cylinder Heads (out of the box)
Harland Sharp Aluminum Roller Rockers
Smith Brothers Custom Pushrods
KB Forged Aluminum Pistons (full float wrist pins)
File Fit Moly Piston Rings
Eagle 3.250" Stroker Crankshaft
Eagle 5.400" I-Beam Rods
Clevite Bearings
Lunati Retro-Fit Roller Camshaft .522" Lift, 268* & 279* Adv. Dur. (215*, 224* @ .050")
Lunati Roller Lifters
Edelbrock Performer RPM Intake Manifold (out of the box)
Barry Grant 625 CFM Road Demon Carburetor (out of the box)
Doug Thorley Tri-Y Headers Ceramic Coated
Ford Racing Underdrive Aluminum Pulleys (They are aluminum and "pretty")

Dyno sheet is below, along with a pic of the engine. I designed and machined some custom parts for it, of course. The engine went lean at the moment of WOT so I need to adjust the accelerator pump for a slightly heavier squirt.

Steve

[attachment deleted by admin]

Reaction score
Fully forged 347 stroker
JE dished pistons
JE piston rings
PBM rods
Scat 4340 forged crank
Stock E7 reworked heads
Ported the hell out
1.85 intake 1.60 exhaust valve
Bronze guide plates
Double valve springs
3 angle valve job
Milled 40 thousandths
54cc 9.6-9.7cr
Trickflow track heat intake
C&L 76mm MAS and CAI
Lunati Nitrous cam
Ford Racing Lifters
Ford Racing 30lbs Injectors
Ford Racing 9mm wires
Ford Racing RR
Ford Racing Double Roller timing chain
BBK 70mm throttle body
BBK under drive pulleys
BBK fuel pressure regulator
BBK 190lph fuel pump
BBK long tube 1 5/8 headers
BBK O/R h-pipe
Super 40 flow masters dumped
Comp Cams hardened pushrods
Professional Products Harmonic Balancer
A/C delete
UPR smog pump delete
3/8 intake spacer
MSD 6AL
MSD Rev Limiter
MSD Coil
MSD cap and rotor kit
MSD Bronze dizzy gear
Zex 125 shot
Zex Rapid Fire kit
Zex purge kit

before i wrecked it i was going to put on AFR 185's on it. i think with a better intake trick flow R and canifield 195s it could be have had around 375rwhp with boost friendly compression

Reaction score
i ran out of money thats why it had the stock heads on it

here is a vid of it idling

Reaction score
ryclef331 said:

old best was 317rwhp and 377 tq on a 331 w/ seriously JACKED UP afr 185s, edelbrock performer, and bunk ass erson "custom ground" cam.

New setup will FIXED afr185's, trickflow trackheat, CUSTOM D. ELGIN CAM, and (if you're nice) I'll spray it with my new Nitrous Express Gemini TWO STAGE plate kit. Depending on what it makes on murder...I mean MOTOR, depends on whether I spray it on DEATH or KILL!!!!111!

thats horrible numbers for a 331.

whats the specs on the cam, what kind of compression? awesome choice for the nitrous kit

Mr. OAM

Reaction score
Jasper, your engine sounded great. That's exactly what the missus didn't want! I asked her about a little lope and she didn't want that either.

I have a 351C I will be building for my Australian car, but that's about a year, year and a half away. It will be built a "little differently" shall we say?

Steve

Downshift

Reaction score
ryclef331 said:

Good to see this thread came alive a little.

Rycleff what was wrong with your 185s?

5litrarag

Reaction score
Sounds pretty mean Jasper. :thumb: Did you ever dyno it?

Mine is a 342 with worked Windsor Sr. heads, 10.4 CR, TFS track heat intake (way too small), a fairly mild Camshaft Innovations custom, 30 lb. injectors, 1 & 5/8ths BBK LT headers (too small)
It made 328 / 355. Not the biggest numbers in the world, but it runs VERY hard for what it is and the power is right where you want it in 95% street convertible. It makes 300+ ft/lbs by 2200 rpms and holds it through 4500. I'm just about done fooling around with this car for now, but before I do I plan to put a bigger intake on and move up to a 1.75 header just to see how it reacts. Jay Allen predicts it'll pick up 35+ hp and 20 ft/lbs at the wheels....which would put it right at the goal I set for the car when I started putting it together. We'll see....

Here's the sheet from when I first got it tuned, I didn't get a printout of the latest dyno driveability adjustments from late last year.

156001.jpg

Reaction score
i went to have it dynoed one time but ran into problems on the dyno. before i could go back i wrecked the car. rain, a turn, and drag suspension doesnt go well together. i was going around the turn around 25-30 miles an hour and the tires just spun out of nowhere and i ended up in a ditch.

i had the track heat with my old set up i didnt feel it was a restriction. i also had 1 5/8 long tubes as well. if i had went supercharged like i was planning i think it would have benefited with the 1 3/4 headers. If jay says you will make more power changing the set up some then you probably will.

guys if you know anyone wanting to buy a 347 stroker kit let me know i have one for sale

5litrarag

Reaction score
Jasperstang308 said:
i went to have it dynoed one time but ran into problems on the dyno. before i could go back i wrecked the car. rain, a turn, and drag suspension doesnt go well together. i was going around the turn around 25-30 miles an hour and the tires just spun out of nowhere and i ended up in a ditch.

i had the track heat with my old set up i didnt feel it was a restriction. i also had 1 5/8 long tubes as well. if i had went supercharged like i was planning i think it would have benefited with the 1 3/4 headers. If jay says you will make more power changing the set up some then you probably will.

guys if you know anyone wanting to buy a 347 stroker kit let me know i have one for sale

With stock heads on the car the intake probably wasn't the restriction. :thumb:

On mine, I know it is... car noses over a bit at the 5k mark.... just like a 302 sized intake should. So I'll get something else later and see how it responds.
Good luck on the sale of the kit. I'd think about it but I just bought a 351 block last week.... Going to do a 408 later. :dancing6:

Reaction score
thanks the only reason i am selling it is because i am going to buy a boss block and do a big bore motor

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
1994 GT Convertible

Old Motor:

418 ci (4.030" x 4.100") 9.8:1 CR
Ported TFS TW heads
Lunati 51017 - .536/.536, 218/228 @ .050, 114 LSA, 1.6 Rockers
Ported Edelbrock Performer RPM, 75mm TB
1 5/8 shorties and STOCK exhaust

347rwhp/442rwtq naturally aspirated, 463rwhp/615rwtq 150 shot nitrous

12.88 @ 111.8 mph on normal street tires, 3860 lb race weight.

Dyno sheets are in the database.

Paul.

Downshift

Reaction score
Paul said:
1994 GT Convertible

Old Motor:

418 ci (4.030" x 4.100") 9.8:1 CR
Ported TFS TW heads
Lunati 51017 - .536/.536, 218/228 @ .050, 114 LSA, 1.6 Rockers
Ported Edelbrock Performer RPM, 75mm TB
1 5/8 shorties and STOCK exhaust

347rwhp/442rwtq naturally aspirated, 463rwhp/615rwtq 150 shot nitrous

12.88 @ 111.8 mph on normal street tires, 3860 lb race weight.

Dyno sheets are in the database.

Paul.

Torque for days lol. Nice setup, whats the new motor if that the old?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online