stroker guys

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
The new motor is a bit more aggressive, but still focuses mainly on being a streetable motor with tons of available torque.

422 ci (4.040" x 4.100") 8.8:1 CR
Brodix M2 Track 1 CNC heads
Ed Curtis custom grind cam - .576/.569, 234/236 @ .050, 114 LSA
TFS-R intake, 90mm TB
1 3/4" mid-lengths, dual 3" exhaust with cats and mufflers
Vortech T-Trim

No numbers or timeslips.

Paul.

5litrarag

Reaction score
Paul, I just noticed your last dyno sheet in the DB and it was done at a place called "street flight".... is that place in Phoenix, Az?
If so, was it you that used to have (or maybe you still do) a stroked motored, carb'd red GT hatch set up for road racing?
I had some videos of that thing from the old AZ Mustangs website from years ago.... I always wondered what happened to that car.

ryclef331

Reaction score
my numbers blew ass b/c D&D Motorsports sold me a BUNK ass cam for a carb'd car and passed it off as "custom ground" for me and sold me a set of AFR heads that someone "tried" to go though after NINE WEEKS of them dicking me around. They put the WRONG size spring shims (not wrong size thickness, wrong size diameter) so the valve train beat them into an umbrella shape and the springs has literally 80-90lbs of seat pressure. SO i was hitting valve float at 4,000 rpms. That has since ALL been rectified and the new numbers are coming soon. So in a nutshell, FUCK D&D Motorsports, I'll never do busness with them again.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
5litrarag said:
Paul, I just noticed your last dyno sheet in the DB and it was done at a place called "street flight".... is that place in Phoenix, Az? If so, was it you that used to have (or maybe you still do) a stroked motored, carb'd red GT hatch set up for road racing? I had some videos of that thing from the old AZ Mustangs website from years ago.... I always wondered what happened to that car.

Yep, it was Street Flight - now AZDynoChip. And yes, that is my road race GT. I still have it, but I need to sell it. There is something wrong with the motor so I need to find time/space/money to go through it and see what happened.

Jasperstang308 said:
paul what block are you using?

Stock 1970's 351W.

Paul.

Downshift

Reaction score
ryclef331 said:
my numbers blew ass b/c D&D Motorsports sold me a BUNK ass cam for a carb'd car and passed it off as "custom ground" for me and sold me a set of AFR heads that someone "tried" to go though after NINE WEEKS of them dicking me around. They put the WRONG size spring shims (not wrong size thickness, wrong size diameter) so the valve train beat them into an umbrella shape and the springs has literally 80-90lbs of seat pressure. SO i was hitting valve float at 4,000 rpms. That has since ALL been rectified and the new numbers are coming soon. So in a nutshell, f**k D&D Motorsports, I'll never do busness with them again.

Good lord no wonder your numbers were so low. That is just a POS company right there. Cant wait to see what your new numbers will be.

5litrarag

Reaction score
Paul said:
5litrarag said:
Paul, I just noticed your last dyno sheet in the DB and it was done at a place called "street flight".... is that place in Phoenix, Az? If so, was it you that used to have (or maybe you still do) a stroked motored, carb'd red GT hatch set up for road racing? I had some videos of that thing from the old AZ Mustangs website from years ago.... I always wondered what happened to that car.

Yep, it was Street Flight - now AZDynoChip. And yes, that is my road race GT. I still have it, but I need to sell it. There is something wrong with the motor so I need to find time/space/money to go through it and see what happened.

Paul.
oh wow.... that's crazy that I remembered all that. hahahha but seriously that car made a huge impression on me at that time. would you happen to have any of those videos, particularly the ones where you opened it up on the street? I had one where you basically ran away from your buddy in a red 99 and up gt. and you can hear the camera guy laughing and asking "did you have floored?". that's a killer video... I think it was called racecar on the street.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
My home PC died and that video was lost in the process, but I'm sure some of my friends have it. I'll see if I can get it from one of them. If so, I'll get it hosted and post it up for everyone. It was a pretty funny video. That was the one and only time that car ever saw the street and we had just put the motor in like an hour before that video was made. It was frikkin hilarious. That car is a riot to drive.

Paul.

5litrarag

Reaction score
Paul said:
My home PC died and that video was lost in the process, but I'm sure some of my friends have it. I'll see if I can get it from one of them. If so, I'll get it hosted and post it up for everyone. It was a pretty funny video. That was the one and only time that car ever saw the street and we had just put the motor in like an hour before that video was made. It was frikkin hilarious. That car is a riot to drive.

Paul.

Oh wow, that would be great man. I had it on an old machine and same thing, it took a crap and I lost everything.
I went back to the old AZ Mustangs page I had bookmarked but the videos that were there before were all gone for the most part and I couldn't get back on the boards to ask if anyone still had copies because they had password protected it to out of area people like me. :(

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
5litrarag said:
Oh wow, that would be great man. I had it on an old machine and same thing, it took a crap and I lost everything. I went back to the old AZ Mustangs page I had bookmarked but the videos that were there before were all gone for the most part and I couldn't get back on the boards to ask if anyone still had copies because they had password protected it to out of area people like me. :(

Here you go man. A buddy of mine still had them and I got them hosted...

http://members.cox.net/carpinteri4/Pauls Racecar.wmv

http://members.cox.net/carpinteri4/paulvskyle.wmv

Enjoy.

Paul.

5litrarag

Reaction score
Paul said:
5litrarag said:
Oh wow, that would be great man. I had it on an old machine and same thing, it took a crap and I lost everything. I went back to the old AZ Mustangs page I had bookmarked but the videos that were there before were all gone for the most part and I couldn't get back on the boards to ask if anyone still had copies because they had password protected it to out of area people like me. :(

Here you go man. A buddy of mine still had them and I got them hosted...

http://members.cox.net/carpinteri4/Pauls Racecar.wmv

http://members.cox.net/carpinteri4/paulvskyle.wmv

Enjoy.

Paul.

<right click, save as...>

Thanks... You are the man. I needed that fix of exhaust sound... :drunk:
I'll be out in Phoenix (actually Glendale & scottsdale areas) on wednesday & thursday... is there anything cool going on? I know you AZ Mustang guys used to always have something happening, but I dont know if its the same anymore.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
That car does sound pretty neat.

Most of the AZM guys are old bastards now who never drive their cars. Most of 'em still have fast cars, but they're too lazy to work on them. (including me) Not much going on during the week. There's still a few that gather at the Pavillions and Sonic on Saturday nights. I go occasionally, but I'm focusing my efforts right now on fixing the destroyed motor in my notch.

Paul.

5litrarag

Reaction score
Paul said:
That car does sound pretty neat.

Most of the AZM guys are old bastards now who never drive their cars. Most of 'em still have fast cars, but they're too lazy to work on them. (including me) Not much going on during the week. There's still a few that gather at the Pavillions and Sonic on Saturday nights. I go occasionally, but I'm focusing my efforts right now on fixing the destroyed motor in my notch.

Paul.

Hahahhah... yeah shit has changed in very much the same way with all my buddies from back then (including myself). Most of them still have their cars, but all that "hey lets get together this weekend and do this or do that under our cars" shit is DEAD. hahhaha
Now its like..."shit, this GD car needs XYZ, AGAIN. fuckin' car... I should sell it." :nonono:

hahhaha :lol:

Anyway, I'll be out there working during the days, I'm just looking for something to do in the evenings since I'll be out there alone. I'll probably just wind up over at Trubbles' house to see my Cobra (its the one getting the Rotrex) and start setting up to get it home.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
The combo is actually very simple.

12.5:1 CR 331
Vic Jr heads/intake
Comp custom cam - .633/.633 260/264 @ .050, 108 LSA
Holley 650 DP
Hooker Super Comps and dual 3" exhaust

It runs really hard, and is a blast to drive. It feels nothing like a normal Mustang.

Paul.

94IVGT

Reaction score
the build
-Dart 331 billet cap block
-eagle 3.400 crank
-eagle h-beam 5.400'' rods
-srp 8.5:1 pistons
-afm b-41hr cam
-trickflow twisted wedge ported as far as they will permit
-edelbrock victor intake, same as above ported as far as it will permit

boost is going from 8lbs to 12lbs
and the plate kit is here, but am going to hold off on putting that on for awile

Reaction score
i guess i could mention what i have in mind for my new build

302 boss block 374 stroker (not a typo maxxing the block out)
afr 225's
quick time turbo
jay allen custom cam
edelbrock efi super vic intake
90mm tb

as soon as i sell my 347 stroker i can buy my new big bore stroker i cant wait. when tax time comes i am buying the heads and valvetrain

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
What is the bore/stroke combination for 374 ci? I thought the maximum displacement for the Boss block was 360 ci? Anyway, neato.

Oh, and a word of advice - since you are turbo, I would use a smaller throttle body. It won't make much/any difference in your power production, and will save you lots of headaches when tuning drivability. Ask me how I know.

Paul.

Reaction score
4.125 3.5 stroke

how do you know.
jay told me that the driveability part was all in the tuning?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online