Super Duty owners, I have a question

Nighttrain

Reaction score
Than let me break it to you now.......pretty sure dash needs to move, at least the passenger side. If youre brave, you can loosen all the bolts on the driver side take out all the rest wrap a wratchet strap around the drivers door handle connect the other end to the passenger side dash and start jacking. Believe it or not thats how the techs do it....at least at the dealer i worked at. If youre vacuum lines are definetly good thats the next step. Test to make sure you cant hear it slapping back and forth. And i know you werent dismissing me....i didnt want someone else directing you a different direction. Ive diagnosed probably hundreds of these, and 7/10 times thats what it was.

OP
OP
lwarrior1016

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Than let me break it to you now.......pretty sure dash needs to move, at least the passenger side. If youre brave, you can loosen all the bolts on the driver side take out all the rest wrap a wratchet strap around the drivers door handle connect the other end to the passenger side dash and start jacking. Believe it or not thats how the techs do it....at least at the dealer i worked at. If youre vacuum lines are definetly good thats the next step. Test to make sure you cant hear it slapping back and forth. And i know you werent dismissing me....i didnt want someone else directing you a different direction. Ive diagnosed probably hundreds of these, and 7/10 times thats what it was.

I will be doing an 08 dash swap on this truck in the future, so If I determine that the blend door has to be changed then it can wait until I already have the dash out. Ill be checking it out a little more this weekend and Ill keep you guys updated. Thank you for the help, I really do appreciate it.

OP
OP
lwarrior1016

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Did you get this squared away?

Not quite. I did change the clutch fan........and in the process i dropped it and punched a hole in the radiator so it got a new radiator too lol. Didnt seem to make any difference in the a/c though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online