Suspension suggestions

russ8825

Reaction score
I was wondering if the suspension gurus out there could help me out. I'm starting to line up parts the redo the suspension and theres a million different opinions on what parts are a better for what and etc... My combo is listed in my sig
Which lowering springs are good for a DD/ weekend track car? I was think about the Eibach springs but they get mixed reviews.
For shocks and struts, I was thinking this kit and was wondering how it fares:
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com...4-Mustang-Lakewood-70-30-Drag-Strut-Shock-Kit

I want to change the lower control arms also, and was thinking going with MMs. Should I do the upper control arms as well ? Or is it not worth it ?

Input is greatly appreciated.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
My opinion on suspension is based entirely off my experiences and friends experiences, and I FIRMLY believe suspension is where you should cut no corners in order to get the most out of your car. But here goes..

For a daily

Struts:
I'm more of a Bilstein HD guy, ridden in numerous cobras, love the way they ride. And they're tough.

Springs:
I run Eibach sportlines and love them. Highly recommend them for a daily driven car as they ride really nice

Control arms:
Most people are freaking biased as shit on this subject so take my advice for what you will. Personally I run J&M upper and lowers, the lowers are fine, the uppers need bushings already. I run my car on the street a LOT so my rear end gets a good workout in. Good thing it's built. Most people will say you don't need uppers but again I did it anyways because I waned to. I don't regret it one bit. BUT I'm pulling all the J&M stuff when it comes to build time and will be replacing with Team Z. You can get their double adjustable lowers off Latemodel with the discount or just directly from their website. I'm not running a rear sway bar so I'll just buy their rear arms without the sway bar pieces. As for uppers, I'll be using their strip series upper arms. It's the baddest thing to happen to upper arms on our 4 link setup. You can leave yours stock if you like. I'm just giving you my preferences

Sway bar:
I have an eibach and a stocker sitting in my storage unit. I'm not even using one. Truthfully, I can't tell anymore that it's not there.

There are other things you can get like panhard bars, subframe connectors, and strut tower bars. I don't think there's anything wrong with any of them. Also you're going to want a set of caster cambers. I'll only ever run MM in my car (if I ever decide to buy a set. Been lowered 2yrs on stock CC plates :nono: )

Hope that sums it up for ya. Just my experiences with suspension. Exhaust and suspension are the two biggest areas I don't ever skimp out on

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
good stuff joey!!

i had h&r ss and qa1 adjustable rear shocks in my old gt and the drop was nice...rode kinda soft but i had the shocks adjusted that way. i really liked those qa1 adjustables though.

OP
OP
russ8825

russ8825

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. I have caster camber plates installed from the previous owner (and the car was dead stock, so it makes me scratch my head a little).

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
No problem brother. I can't believe more people haven't chimed in on this.

And thanks Tony, all these months and months of researching and trials and errors... Just really taught me a thing or two about these cars. More than I ever thought I'd know. That and my weekends are pretty much filled with nothing but mustangs, and I'd have it no other way

spank 141

Reaction score
I like the eibach sportlines more than the ford motorsport springs. Haven't driven too many cars that didn't have one or the other springs. Also a fan of the bilistien struts and shocks. Adj struts and shocks are the best ones to get so you can play with them and find the settings you like the most. As far as control arms I have always liked adj uppers with non adj lowers. I like to set the pinion angle at -2 for street driving. That is just the way I like my cars to feel. As far as brands I used steeda control arms. Haven't tried any other brands. You might want the car to feel differen't. Plus your style of driving might be different. Sub frame connectors are a must have on any mustang and once you lower it MM CC plates are the only way to go.

RichV

Reaction score
What kind of track will you be running?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online