svtperformance is ridiculously slow!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by skmcobra, Mar 22, 2007.

1. skmcobra

skmcobra New Member

Geez, I just left the svtperformance forum because it's running so slow! There were 846 current users when I left. I wish we could get some more activity over here from there. :thumb:

2. treydavid

treydavid New Member

'95 Crystal White Cobra with black leather...129000 miles and still running strong!

3. Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck Legend

its always slow

4. Steve-Oh

Steve-Oh Legend

SVTP blows ::)

5. scarface

scarface Guest

its terrible. Its slow, so I click the link then come here while it loads...lol

I cant get email notifications over there either for some reason :(

Its just best to stay here. :D

6. blackfang

blackfang Active Member

846 and 840 of them are dickheads. That site is a pool of shit minus the maca and the repeat tech question section aka sn95.

7. scarface

scarface Guest

only reason I go there right now is, I dont know alot about the cobra Tech. While I love this site, the 4v tech isnt quite there yet :)

8. blackfang

blackfang Active Member

If you want Cobra tech ModularFords, MPH and Modular Depot has good tech as well. All SVTP has for sn95's are 921890283091283 posts on Longtubes, cai, and gears with the same replies. I asked a supercharger/tuning application question and not a single peep.

9. scarface

scarface Guest

THanks bro, Ill look into them. :D

10. badass98svt

badass98svt Well-Known Member

SVTP is a MUCH better all around site than sn95forums. Period. Not trying to hate on anyone here, but facts are facts.
    MUCH more sn95 tech over there.
    This site is more of an organized chat room. Which is why I don't spend much time here.

11. blackfang

blackfang Active Member

I agree, SVTP has more tech than here and other sites because they been around longer. They have more tech than MPH, Modular Depot, and MF. However the quality of tech over on SVTP is lacking compared to the other sites. This is why, It is always the same questions from people who refuse to use the search and see the gazillion threads on Longtubes, gears, JLT, wheels and tires. What the other sites have that SVTP doesn't are internal engine tech, turbo, nitrous and supercharger setup's, intake and heads/cam tech, engine specs, power adder tech.

12. badass98svt

That's why SVTP is the perfect site for me. I own your average, bolt-on NA SN95 Cobra. Which is what the majority of the members have over there.
    There's quite a few sprayed sn's over there too. As well as a fair share of supercharger, and a few turbos.
    For a SN95 Cobra, it is the BEST tech site I have found.
    Most "model specific" stang forums are slow and have a low member count.
    This site and SVTP are doing very well though.
    But to me, for the most part, this site is more of a hang out. Kinda reminds me of the Mdub clubhouse, but without all the drama. Not meaning to offend anyone, I like this site. But it joesn't doesn't have the tech that I want/need. Not yet anyway, hopefully it continues to grow. Every time I'm on here I see another new member or 2 from SVTP.

I tell you guys what. I'll start asking more 4V tech questions over in the SVT area. You other Cobra guys do it too. Let's get this tech section in 5th gear!

13. blackfang

blackfang Active Member

You are entitled to your opinion. I along with some others in the community disagree. In fact this was actually a topic on discussion on MD

14. Svtstrikesback

Svtstrikesback New Member

What's up! I hope I'm not getting off to the wrong foot here commenting on another site as my 1st post here, but SVTP is definately more for entertainment value than anything else. If you want tech, I have found that HANDS DOWN, the Corral has the best info in it's SVT/DOHC forum. SVTP still has 5.0 Cobras mixed in with 4.6L. This isn't a bid deal other than the fact that there is a seperate forum for Terminators and New Edges. You are breaking down the forums into VISUALY different cars by doing that. That says joke/ricer to me.

Don't get me wrong, I like SVTP, bu the number of people with SRT-4s and Evos on that site shold tell you something. I don't go anywhere but the classifieds and DOHC on the Corral, but I have NEVER run into someone over there that didn't either have some kind of Mustang. I could honestly care less what a Integra can do with $20,000 poured into it.

I mainly came over to this site due to the number of people that I saw saying this was a cool place for our cars.

15. bens4vcobra

bens4vcobra New Member

I just came over here from there today. Too many idiots/jerks bashing eachother's cars. Got sick of it.

16. blackfang

blackfang Active Member

I reconize you from there.

Welcome

17. badass98svt

Yes Ben, welcome

18. bens4vcobra

bens4vcobra New Member

Thanks. Nice LS1 O0

19. blackfang

blackfang Active Member

Thanks.

20. sbrooks

sbrooks New Member

if you think that they are slow then stay away from svtoa.com they are slow as a turtle to reply to anything, but I am a member of the svtoa