Switch to Blow Through with Vortech S-trim 12.8 lbs of boost

dja2477

Reaction score
Just bought a 94 Cobra from my brother who lost interest after he built the motor. Car sat for 3 years. It runs great but Im in the process of getting it track ready. Would it be of any bennefit to switch from Draw Through to Blow through and what would it take to do so with my setup keeping the Anderson PMS. Im not currently using MEOH injection. PMS? Car makes 587 RWHP and 583 Torque.

Engine

• 347 Stroker Forged piston
• AFR 185 Heads, ARP Bolted
• Comp Pro Magnum Roller Rockers with ARP Stud Girdle
• Trick Flow Push Rods
• Canton Oil Pan
• Canton Main Girdle and Windage Trey
• Trick Flow Valve Covers, Specially notched for blower
• Comp Custom Ground Cam (Buddy Rawls in California
• Fluidine High Capacity Radiator

Air/Fuel
• Vortech S-Trim Blower (12.7 PSI)
• Edelbrock RPM Performer 2 Upper/Lower
• 55# AEM Fuel Injectors
• Walbro 255 LPH in Tank and T-Rex external Pump
• Holley Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
• Mr Freeze Water/Methanol Injection
• Mac Long Tube Headers 1.75†to 3â€
• Full 3†Exhaust and 3 Chamber Flowmasters (Also have Louder Magnaflows)

Drive train
• Tremec TKO 600 Transmission
• Spec Aluminum Flywheel
• Spec Stage 3 Clutch System
• PRO 50 Shifter
• Detroit Locker TruTrac Rear End
• Ford Racing 3.73 Rear End
• Alloy USA 31 Spline Axles

Electrical
• Anderson FMS P.M.S. w/ MAP
• MSD 6-BTM with Boost Retard, MSD Coil
• Optima Red Top with Billet cage in Trunk
• 4 Mounted Auto Meter Gauges

Suspension
• UPR Chro-Molly “K†member, “A†Arms with Coil Overs up front
• UPR Caster Camber Plates, Energy Susp Motor Mounts
• Tubular Control Arms, Easy Up hood lifts, New Rack and Pinion

OP
OP
D

dja2477

Reaction score
Can you fit your a maf between the discharge and the TB??

Im urrently using a Pro M 80 which was calibrated from a 30 point spec sheet using all the data and specs for my current setup. Im pretty sure the current location was considered in this calibration and moving it would probably be a problem. I am interested in a blow through because i want to run a bov vs a bypass recirculation valve and also to have more acurate response.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
You want the cool sound huh...
Joking..
You have to have enough room for all That. Post a pic of the piping

95opal

Reaction score
Can you fit your a maf between the discharge and the TB??

/\ this You have to be physically able to fit it between the discharge and TB. Also those 55# injectors are on the verge of being t small for adding more horse. Not sure what your duty cycle on them is at this point but you might want to step those up also.

OP
OP
D

dja2477

Reaction score
/\ this You have to be physically able to fit it between the discharge and TB. Also those 55# injectors are on the verge of being t small for adding more horse. Not sure what your duty cycle on them is at this point but you might want to step those up also.

Ive been pondering about the injectors size and the fuel rails. My lil brother said he may have had the injectors replaced with 60# injectors but he couldnt remember for sure. This great deal I got on a new toy is turning out to be a pain in the azz trying to figuree out all the options with new technology such as dumping the Anderson PMS and using a Fast or Holley system. I can tell by all the info and data sheets my bro gave me along with reciepts there was a lot of time and thought along with money spent putting this car together. Maybe il just let it be and get her on the track before making a bunch of changes. Thanks fkr the help. Let me know if you or anyone else comes up with any other suggestions for me.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Leave it alone.. Pms is fine.. If the injectors aren't maxed out you will be fine.. Find out if you can datalog that would tell you how much room they got.. You might also be able to tell by the injector settings. Find out what they are set at..

OP
OP
D

dja2477

Reaction score
Leave it alone.. Pms is fine.. If the injectors aren't maxed out you will be fine.. Find out if you can datalog that would tell you how much room they got.. You might also be able to tell by the injector settings. Find out what they are set at..

Copy that! I'll get the data logger for the pms. Thanks bro!!

95opal

Reaction score
Unless you plan to mess with the tune i would not spend the money for the datalogger ..

Hes looking to add more power which not only means upping injector, spraying that meth and possibly going blow threw and venting to atmosphere..hes definitely messin with th the tune. Like Like I said up the injector maybe add a couple #s and hit it with some meth you should push well into 600hp territory. Hope you have a good block.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
I thought he just wanted make sure it was ready for the track.. I missed the part about making more power.. I doubt he can vent the boost unless he has a intercooler.. The discharge pipe of the 94_95 is to small to even add a maf.

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Unless you are having tuning issues I wouldnt switch from draw thru to blow thru. What meth system are you looking into getting? What nozzle setup and where? keep in mind if you are planning on switching to blow thru MAF, IAT sensor and nozzles will be vital in failsafe

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online