Switching up engine bay setup

Mrstangerbanger

Reaction score
Dude your car is helping get the motivation to get mine finished its just hard detailing 2 cars a day everyday then on the weekends trying to color sand and work on my car but it has to be done before Mini Nate's at Sonoma race way (Sears point)(Nor California) before Aug 5th. I'm sponsored by Pacific region of Shelby and need my car ready for car show and race track and drag strip don't want to lose a grand on 2 races down the drag strip lol .. I think the black alternator would make it all come together perfect IMO but either way your car is amazing man. When do you have your meth kick in? I see your running a dual set up like i will and i was just curious thanks.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Dude your car is helping get the motivation to get mine finished its just hard detailing 2 cars a day everyday then on the weekends trying to color sand and work on my car but it has to be done before Mini Nate's at Sonoma race way (Sears point)(Nor California) before Aug 5th. I'm sponsored by Pacific region of Shelby and need my car ready for car show and race track and drag strip don't want to lose a grand on 2 races down the drag strip lol .. I think the black alternator would make it all come together perfect IMO but either way your car is amazing man. When do you have your meth kick in? I see your running a dual set up like i will and i was just curious thanks.

Damn man, sounds like you got your hands full! Thanks for the nice words. I actually am starting to lean towards the black alternator as well, so probably some time over the summer I'll swap to that and it should really wrap everything up nicely. I'm actually running a tri-nozzle setup (one pre blower, 2 pre throttle body). I have it set to come on at 6psi and kick off around 20. After having meth on this car, any F/I car I have in future will 100% have meth, its some pretty awesome stuff. Very beneficial in multiple ways.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
How do you like the TF valve covers? Once I sell my Team Breeds I will be buying some also.

I vote yes for the black alternator it will hide it in plain sight so only your polished pieces will pop.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
How do you like the TF valve covers? Once I sell my Team Breeds I will be buying some also.

I vote yes for the black alternator it will hide it in plain sight so only your polished pieces will pop.

Knock on wood, but so far so good with the TF covers. I really like the black too because it will hide all dirt and belt dust. My Team Breeds were second to none, but they really started to show age. I'm in agreement with the alternator too, it will come eventually. Carlisle????

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
The bearings on the 2v alternator do not need to be pressed out. There is a small retainer for the front bearing and then you tap it out with a brass drift or a socket. I just painted mine, and totally forgot to take pictures. It only take 10 minutes to tear it down.

I used this video for reference
[video=youtube;EqhQc3brs28]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqhQc3brs28[/video]

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Knock on wood, but so far so good with the TF covers. I really like the black too because it will hide all dirt and belt dust. My Team Breeds were second to none, but they really started to show age. I'm in agreement with the alternator too, it will come eventually. Carlisle????

Carlisle, me? :)

No but I will probably be at AM in the summer.

I need to find a car first. I am looking at low mile garage queens and I found a few with under 50k miles for decent prices to swap all my stuff on. For just a few dollars more than it would cost to rebuild my trans I could just buy another SN :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertmarshall7752

Members online