system not working.

howie8124

Reaction score
What else is new with my stang, the system isnt working. Well sometimes it will but then it will go BBBZZZZTTT and half the speaker(all but the mach 460ones) will just stop working. So that equals zero bass and just overall bad quality. I went to a local bestbuy and thought about putting in a new faceplate and having them check it out but i bought the faceplate a year ago and they told me with all these rediculous fees it was gonna be like $250!! Im not sure if its a ground issue or something with the amp...has anyone else had this problem?? maybe ill have to fork out the money to fix it :crybaby2:

kintek

Reaction score
I would check all of the fuses/wires that are on the system. It sounds like something is halfway connected. I would start with the wires on the back of the Head Unit and go from there.

I'd say if you lived near Topeka, KS to stay away from best buy's audio installers, but you live far far away.

CanaryGT

Reaction score
Well I work in Car Audio at Best Buy and I can see what they wanted to charge you for. To be honest I would just take out the Mach System, buy a wire harness and put the deck in yourself. Since you have a single din opening it will be an easy enough task. All you would have to do Is re wire the speaker wires to the speakers to bypass the factory amps. Just run it off the head units internal amplifier.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
+1 for rewiring it.

But if you're going to do it, do it right. No reason to do the same job twice because of half-arsing it the first time. Ask me how I know. o.o

CanaryGT

Reaction score
duh09 said:
+1 for rewiring it.

But if you're going to do it, do it right. No reason to do the same job twice because of half-arsing it the first time. Ask me how I know. o.o

Too many times people do a hack job on the wiring. :angry7: Like duh said do it right the first time.

switch96

Reaction score
When I got my car back from paint, the radio would change stations, turn off and on, thing was possessed. It worked itself out in a couple days? lol

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
CanaryGT said:
duh09 said:
+1 for rewiring it.

When I went to throw in my 4ch amp, I was absolutely pissed at the previous job. I'm OCD when it comes to my wiring. I want to rewire my entire 67 just because I don't like the way the wires are routed. Yea, I'm stupid. I rewired my headunit, XM unit, and speedo calibrator many many many times so it would be neat.

Too many times people do a hack job on the wiring. :angry7: Like duh said do it right the first time.

CanaryGT

Reaction score
Im super OCD. Not only do I use electrical tape but I zip tie it on the tape cause it sweats and moves....

kintek

Reaction score
I get wire nuts or connectors and crimp the wires together at each end of the connector and then in the center so it doesnt have a chance to slide, then zip tie them up after i heat shrink it.

CanaryGT

Reaction score
And then I buy it dinner and a movie. Just hoping that maybe later Ill get some... :tard:

Roldy

Reaction score
Before you do anything ask yerself a couple things....
1- Whats my overall end plan for the system.........
2- What is the budget.......
3- How comfortable am I with doing the work involved......

I've been doing car audio since 1995 when I got my first car and with all the builds I've done over the years for myself as well as friends I can say that a plan is a must. In the end, what would you like to do? New HU.....new speakers all the way around and power them instead of relying on deck power and it's meger 30watts per chan output.....add a sub.....interior accent lighting..... What is it that you see in the end..........?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online

No members online now.