Tell me about my supercharger...

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It's basically the same blower as the 03/04 cobra just with a different manifold designed around it limiting its efficiency due to no intercooler.

If I could swap rotors it's the tvs I want.

Handz

Reaction score
It's basically the same blower as the 03/04 cobra just with a different manifold designed around it limiting its efficiency due to no intercooler.

If I could swap rotors it's the tvs I want.

Will the TVS rotors fit right into the M112? I thought there needed to be modification to the case thats why they had to make an all new casting for the 03/04 cobra (besides the bigger inlet).

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
From what I read the rotors are similar size and a few Lightning guys were experimenting but I haven't heard anything recently. I would have it done if someone figures it out.

Handz

Reaction score
Yeah, i think its "Similar size" but not similar enough just to swap right in. I believe it involves much more work.

As we all know, the clearance in the PD blowers has to be dead-on for the system to work. So the rotors dont need to be similar, they need to be exact.

LilRoush

Reaction score
Actually, the M112 rotors are M112 rotors...they are the same, no need to swap. Why would you want to swap something for the same thing?

The M90 has a direct swap TVS upgrade. The M112 takes modification to use TVS rotors, but I stopped following the project.

Handz

Reaction score
On a side note, the person who I sold my SVO supercharger is doing some pretty cool stuff with it over on StangNet. Re-did the intake ports to allow the NPI blower to work with PI heads.

LilRoush

Reaction score
To use the Roush/SVO blower on PI heads, you just have to use the lower intake gaskets from the 96-98. Yeah, it's that easy.

And Mr. "always right when world famous" was wrong a few posts up. Sucks to be you. Even in your attempt to glorify yourself, you have failed.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
There is actually some good info in here between the BS so don't add anything else unless its on topic.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Alright did some thread cleaning.

Left the good info and some of the bad so people searching in the future can read it.

LilRoush

Reaction score
Could you delete the post saying it's an M90. We don't want future readers doing research to be confused about the M112 Roush/SVO/FRPP blower's size.

sneaky98gt

Reaction score
I'm several posts late to the thread, but thought I'd contribute anyways.

It looks like LilRoush and DropTop got everything covered, but I'll re-iterate anyways. It is absolutely an M112. My blower has been ported, and when I took it apart, we set the rotors next to ones straight off an 03 Cobra. Completely identical. The front snout is different, but the rotors and case are the same.

2nd, these blowers absolutely can make some decent numbers (relatively speaking). I'm the person who bought it from Handz, and my car has run very well with it. It went 12.5s at 110 on stock NPI heads, stock 3.27 gears, and the stock converter at full weight, and without any water/meth. That's not too shabby at all for NPI heads. Then upgraded to a PI motor, a 3.3 pulley (8ish psi), mild blower cams, and water/meth, and it went 11.9s at 117 mph, still on the stock gears, converter, and full weight. Again, not too shabby at all. Lastly, I ported the blower and put 3.73 gears in. It went 11.7s @ just a tick under 120, still on the stock converter cutting crappy 1.8x short times. We never did get the tune 100% on the last go-around, and never got to race in any super-nice air. It likely would have gone low 11.6s or maybe an 11.5 with that setup. Throw a converter in it, or a manual tranny that could cut a decent 60', and that would have been a low-mid 11 second car on a stock bottom end without a whole lot of effort. Talk junk all you want, this setup will run very good with just a few well thought-out mods (mainly water/meth and a good tune). How many 2 valves are there out there that have been 11.7-11.9 consistently on a stock bottom end with a fairly simple, inexpensive setup? Full weight, stock converter? Yea, not many at all.

Fast forward to now, I've built the bottom end (03 Cobra pistons, 2013 Boss 302 rods), ported the heads, and pullied down to a 2.9" (12-13 pounds of boost). Also built the transmission and put a 3600 rpm triple disk converter in it. I'm also tuning it myself this time with the SCT Pro-Racer software. Slow going at the moment, but making progress on it. Hope to have it dialed in by the end of the summer for some good fall racing. Shooting for 10s with it. We'll see if we can't put the nay-sayers to bed.

sneaky98gt

Reaction score
Also, the NPI blower will work on PI heads with PI gaskets. NPI gaskets will overhang the ports on PI heads. My blower was originally NPI ported, but I port-matched it out to a fully ported PI head. Ported the intake side of the blower also (which is much more important than the exhaust side).

Before porting:

After porting:

Also, here's why mine looks like painted black: (I need to get some updated underhood pics)

LilRoush

Reaction score
That's some good info.
I was always told to use the NPI gaskets to put the blower on the PI heads. Good to know the right info.

Cj98

Reaction score
Help I’m new to this and have no idea where to post my question!!!

My question is I have a 98 mustang GT with an 02 PI motor a friend of mine came across a Roush blower, intake, inter cooler and piping, ford performance air intake, and sct programer. He told me he’d sell it to me for $500. He bought it from a guy who was going to put it on early gen (sn95) cobra but crashed car before he could put it on. But I have no idea if it will fit my car? As in I’m not sure it
is for my 2v or the cobra 4v also not sure if it’s for PI or not!

The intake manifold says

R0706008 4-13-RB
WAF 13482

Blower says Roush on top Eaton on the side number is 082471356
7BD766D1-20A3-4482-9867-8452BB3BDE28.jpeg
A348E346-EC85-4AE3-92F1-23F6F3D3CDCB.jpeg 076AF8AA-B040-41B8-B79C-A06C86585014.jpeg

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
It sure looks like a modular 2v intake and the blower looks mustang familiar. Flip it over and get a bottom picture. Port shape will confirm where it goes.

$500 is a deal for a complete supercharger setup. An even better deal that its mustang history with Roush embossed on it. If it were me(a parts junky) and had the extra cash, id be setting it on a shelf in my garage.

I had a Holley supercharger made for a 5.4l 2v. They only made 75kits and i had one. Hard times hit me and i had to let it go.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Silver95bird

Reaction score
if i had to guess, id say its an eaton m112 kit for a cobra, but i cant tell for sure without the bottom. looks like c head ports i think.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online