That weird little shock

Photonfanatic

Reaction score
What exactly are those weird little shock looking things that face the rear of the car, on the back? I had my wheel off the other day and I had completely forgotten about those. Since the car is a 94 model, could handling or perhaps ride quality be improved by replacing those? I'm sure they're probably worn out by now.

joekd

Reaction score
Quad shocks, they are there to minimize wheel hop

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Aftermarket control arms usually make them disposable but I actually put some Billstein quads in when I upgraded the suspension. They don't touch my 295 width tires so I didn't see the need to get rid of them.

OP
OP
Photonfanatic

Photonfanatic

Reaction score
How exactly do aftermarket control arms negate the need for them? I assume they prevent wheel hop on their own, but would they worsen ride quality? Think I may just go bags

spank 141

Reaction score
I took them off my fox and cant tell the difference. It does have adj control arms though.

Sinned83

Reaction score
Aftermarket control arms usually make them disposable but I actually put some Billstein quads in when I upgraded the suspension. They don't touch my 295 width tires so I didn't see the need to get rid of them.
^ This
they don't interfere with my 315's so they stay.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robtalbott

Members online