The Dreamsicle Build. (56k should probably not bother)

5.Woahhh

Reaction score
I guess because I have big plans for my car in the coming future I'd make one of these.

Background
This is my third and best mustang I've owned to date. My previous two met their end at the hand of some bad drivers who don't pay attention. Luckily I shopped smart and made money each time. After my old vert was it I saw this car on Corral. That weekend I flew down to FL and picked it up. The car had the same mods as my old vert so it worked out perfectly because I sold the vert as it sat.

The car didn't fair to well in her first winter here. Being my dd it was a task keeping her safe. I was re-ended while backing up and it was deemed 50/50. It wasn't to bad., just bent out of shape. Next while parked on campus (I leave it there when it snows because I live on a hill that never gets plowed.) I come back to see I was side swiped pretty bad.

I am picking the car up from paint today 4/23/10. Which is the reason I planning it's future.

Current Mods
Tokico Illumina 5-Way Adjustable Shocks and Struts
Steeda Competition Springs (I think, def know they are Steeda)
Steeda Adjustable Rear Sway bars
Steeda CAI
Pro 5.0 Short Throw
BBK Off Road H-pipe
Flowmaster Catback
Cobra Headlights
Misc dress up pieces inside. (Billet knobs and buttons, Steeda sill plates)

Plans

Exterior
Tint taillights
Smoked headlights
Smoked Fogs
Foglight Mod
HIDs
Wingless, fill holes
Mach 1 lip
Darker Tint
Black Stainless Bumper Inserts
Shorty Antenna

Interior
Termi Seats
Rear Seat Delete
99+ Center Counsel
Double DIN with CD/DVD/Navi
FR500 Steering Wheel
Misc Autometer Gauges
LED mods.

Suspension
LCA's and UCA's
Steed Bumpsteer Kit
Full Length Sub Frame Connectors
Remove Bottom Isos on rear.
Cobra break conversion.

Engine
Undecided probably going fresher motor with PI swap, Comp 270s

Drive-train
King Cobra Clutch
Adjustable Clutch Cable/Quadrant/Firewall Adjuster Kit
MGW Short Throw Shifter
3.73 Gears
Aluminum Driveshaft

Wheels
Black Chrome FR-500s

OP
OP

5.Woahhh

Reaction score
Re: The Dreamsicle Build.

Some pics after I first picked up Ginger:
4955_1182607526452_1266135713_50422.jpg

4955_1182620606779_1266135713_50427.jpg

Right before paint:
DSC_1673.jpg

OP
OP

5.Woahhh

Reaction score

Interior Updates

Found Termi seats for a steal right before the car went to paint. This is a lttle teaser shot.
Photo0020.jpg

OP
OP

5.Woahhh

Reaction score

Exterior Updates

The Damage:

DSC_1685.jpg

DSC_1687.jpg

OP
OP

5.Woahhh

Reaction score
Need some input. Should I go with the orange and black theme or Keep the orange and silver?

OP
OP

5.Woahhh

Reaction score
uncltrvlnmatt said:
Orange and black.

That's what I am leaning towards. I can't seem to sell my wheels so I am going to paint them. Black with a chrome lip. I'll keep them as spares in the future.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
On the wheels, you should paint the inserts black and leave the faces and lips the way they are. Can tie in some black, but keep the wheel from becoming a black blob with a silver ring around it. I'm not a huge fan of black wheels if you couldn't tell and those wheels look really nice. What are they and are you running any spacers? I might have to get a set for the 67...

OP
OP

5.Woahhh

Reaction score
duh09 said:
On the wheels, you should paint the inserts black and leave the faces and lips the way they are. Can tie in some black, but keep the wheel from becoming a black blob with a silver ring around it. I'm not a huge fan of black wheels if you couldn't tell and those wheels look really nice. What are they and are you running any spacers? I might have to get a set for the 67...

In the pictures theres a spacer. I took them off because they were too big and when I hit bumps the fenders chewed the tires. If I got them rolled they would of been fine.

Also I'm really not a fan of the wheels. I want to sell them so if you are interested PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I want to get rid of them for something else.

Also today I continued the slow black out of accessories. I painted the flaming pony black. I also painted the Billet gas cap black. I need to repaint it because it felt dry when I was going to put it on but it wasn't so there are some finger prints. It will do for the time being.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
5.Woahhh said:
duh09 said:

In the pictures theres a spacer. I took them off because they were too big and when I hit bumps the fenders chewed the tires. If I got them rolled they would of been fine.

Also I'm really not a fan of the wheels. I want to sell them so if you are interested PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I want to get rid of them for something else.

Also today I continued the slow black out of accessories. I painted the flaming pony black. I also painted the Billet gas cap black. I need to repaint it because it felt dry when I was going to put it on but it wasn't so there are some finger prints. It will do for the time being.

They'd be going on my 67 and its going to be somewhat of a show car so the bent lip and what not wouldn't work for me plus you're like forever and ever away from me. I had already looked at them but the lip is kinda meh for me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stillridin

Staff online

Members online