The engine comes out this weekend *new vid on #121*

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
Re: The engine comes out this weekend *Update on post #80*

Day 12: Installed the new rack and pinion, looks pretty and doesn't smell of burnt fluid like the old one. Also, last batch of patchs arrived today, doing the fuel pump tomorrow night :).

got5.0

Reaction score

dang man! It has taken me and my dad 3 months to get the head off of my dd for a new headgasket lol. you movin!

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score

This is my DD, thus why I am moving as fast as possible. Tranny is suppose to be done tomorrow, so we will be lowering the engine/tranny into car friday, then get everything back together in car and hopefully fire it up within a week or 2 :).

got5.0

Reaction score

oh I see, I don't need to drive, so I can take as long as possible lol. Looks REALLY good for a dd!

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
Re: The engine comes out this weekend *Update on post #84*

Day 13: Fuel tank is down and fuel pump is out. Changing it tomorrow morning. Sadly, I need my dad again as that thing has more gas than what my fuel gauge told me. So I won't get much down tomorrow, but tranny WILL arrive tomorrow, it will cost an extra $180 as reverse slider or something like that and something to do with 2nd gear were screwed, so might as well have a 100% fresh tranny lol. HOPING to get engine/tranny back in Saturday or Sunday, have to see how things go.

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
Re: The engine comes out this weekend *Update on post #85*

Day 14: tranny is back, pullies and brackets are back from powdercoating, lowering in tomorrow, finally. That is all :).

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
Re: The engine comes out this weekend *Update on post #86*

Day 15: Engine and tranny are put back in, got lots done but still have lots left, That A/C is being a B**** and won't bolt on easily lol. Got tired after roughly 7 hours of non-stop work, but it is finally coming to the end...

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
Re: The engine comes out this weekend *Update on post #87*

Day 16: Almost done, have to do some vacuum line routing, finish getting the intake on, fuel tank up, and get the cooling system back in. Progress has been great, it's finally coming together :)

1bad95

Reaction score
Re: The engine comes out this weekend *Update on post #87*

looks great man! Keep up the good work!!!

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
Re: The engine comes out this weekend *Update on post #90*

Day 17: Engine is complete. Will fire tomorrow, all that's left is to put gas tank back in,driveshaft, and to put in tranny fluid/shifter on(thanks to a certain member, my tri-ax is coming late :confused1:). Basically, I am almost done, can't wait to hear it again :)

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
Re: The engine comes out this weekend *Update on post #91*

Day 18: No picture, started car and ran for 3 seconds, sounds really really agressive. Sadly, wouldn't idle for crap, died, tried to restart and the starter bit the bullet. We noticed an exhaust leak too that will get looked at tomorrow, but it did fire up!

Steven

Legend
Reaction score

Exhaust back on it? Get a video. And your slower the molasses. You like walk outside and bolt something on and walk back inside lol

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score

Money is the problem, not my working speed :p. Exhaust is on but my dad said there is a big leak at the collector. We are checking it tomorrow, would that cause it to idle like crap and die?

Steven

Legend
Reaction score

Is it long tubes? If they are the three bolt flange crap, then you'll have problems with those till the day you die. And for two, yes a leak right at the collector will cause alot of issues on 5.0s. They run like a mercury out board when you don't have exhaust right on them.

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score

Lol that's probably one problem, I don't think the exhaust is on good :p. Also, the green vacuum line goes to EGR right? I looked and I had the fuel pressure going to it and the red/green lines on the little vacuum housing on the intake adapter.

Steven

Legend
Reaction score

Sounds like you have the lines backwards. Get the exhaust fixed up, finish up the small stuff, then start tweaking. Use a allen wrench to adjust the screw by the IAC to smooth the idle out, and set timing to 14 degrees for now.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

Ba Ba Ba Ba Bawlin!

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score

I did some checking, I had the EGR line on the throttle body vacuum hub, that probably caused some issues because I had the fuel regulator hooked up to the EGR :p. That, accompanied with the exhaust leak some be HOPEFULLY my only problems, Can't wait until after school tomorrow to get back at it, sucks because it's basically ready to go, just some little things are are stupid errors lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online