MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Re: The engine comes out this weekend *Update on post #36*

bottlefed97 said:
Throw out bearings are a pain.

Nice progress man, it's coming along nice

i find pilot bearings to be a larger PITA, but ive only done one TOB and one Pilot bearing, so maybe the one i did was just abnormally harsh? lol.

also, keep us posted with lots of pix ;-)

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
Re: The engine comes out this weekend *Update on post #36*

Day 5: Heads and mostly everything off, very suprised at how minimal the groove is in the cylinder's, very little wear on this beast for 224xxxkms. Although, the inevitable that both me and my father had dreaded, stupid timing chain cover bolt snapped. I got one out barely, the bolt is SOOO effed up I can't re-use it. Guess tomorrow's job is to get that bolt out, than clean everything on the block up, she's really dirty :p.

95PGTTech

Reaction score
Re: The engine comes out this weekend *Update on post #41*

Pic of said bolt? Soak it in PB blaster, hit it hard once every half hour or so many many times. Enough left of it that you can grab it with a vicegrip?

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score

Here, I think the timing cover will come off when I get the bolt by the harmonic balancer off, but I was too lazy to find my HB puller tonight, so I called it a night :p. Still, it's a pain in the a** either way :p.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score

yessss lookin good mang, clean that beast up.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

Do work son!

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score

duh09 said:
Do work son!
Im fixing my Stang up, what's your excuse, you have twice the backlog :p.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

Rice_slayer said:
duh09 said:
Do work son!
Im fixing my Stang up, what's your excuse, you have twice the backlog :p.

I'm a poor college student with both my Mustangs 4 hours away.

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score

Day 6: Took yesterday off to relax/regroup. Got back at it today and successfully got the bolt out of the engine, and out of the timing cover, but the timing cover has a little nick in the mating surface, so I need a new timing cover :(. Today I did some prep and got the cylinder heads torqued on, they look great! Not sure what tomorrow holds, probably put in the cam, lifters and maybe the rocker arms if I feel up to it. Sadly, I need to wait until next week to get my tranny parts as I ran into to some needed expenses :(. I am putting an ETA of finish on this by March 20th at the latest, March 10th at the earliest.

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
Re: The engine comes out this weekend *Update on post #48*

CrystalWhiteChristine said:
Paint the block B.
I'm doing a 331 stroker next year if money permits, So I will have a shiny block then, I honestly don't feel like taking the time to prep/paint the block for a year, or 2 at most. I am however, polishing accessories and other crap so I don't have to do it next time I do this :p.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score

I painted my block, yeah it looks good but when everything is back in the car u can't even see the damn thing. Aside from that its a decent amount of prep work to paint it...

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score

^^ Exactly why I'm too lazy to do it. Sucks that I get my smaller paycheque this week from the grocery store, Next friday I get my nice fat one from the car dealership though which should get me my tranny parts AND steering parts. I'm estimating ~$1000 in parts and still awaiting a labour quote on the tranny rebuild. I really, REALLY hope the snow melts after I am done, as I am getting tired of driving my exploder, and a close lady friend keeps asking about seeing my stang again lol. I told her it won't be the same, and I honestly can't wait to get this done. I just hope it doesn't run too rough without the tune, I might have to wait a few weeks to get one done...

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score

Day 7: Did very little today, going out with friends as it is a friday night and I am 17 :p. Lubed the cam up and slid her in, got the new lifters in and set up, just put the rocker arms on the studs, still need to set lash on them though.

1bad95

Reaction score
Re: The engine comes out this weekend *Update on post #53*

looks great man! I cant wait to get to do somethin like this to mine!

95PGTTech

Reaction score

How bad is the nick in the surface? You may be able to get away with some black or silver RTV.

Win

Legend
Reaction score

Looks good man mine should be happening in a month or so :)

S

silver 4.6

cant wait till me and my dad get a shop, then we can pull my engine and get to work, rock on!

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score

95PGTTech said:
How bad is the nick in the surface? You may be able to get away with some black or silver RTV.
I'll take a pic after work tomorrow, but it's noticeable. I won't be getting much done tomorrow either, Work all day then out with the girl again tomorrow, so I MIGHT get the lash set, I hope so, I really want to get this done so I can start cleaning the engine bay lol.

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score

Day 8: timing set, rocker arms set, 1 header half-assed on there, still need to properly torque it on, but can't do much else, need new bolts for intake, so I won't have much done for a few days. So basically, This will be the last update until monday or tuesday, need to get new bolts for the intake since 2 of them snapped, other than that I just need a new gasket for the oil pan. I will get a pic of the timing cover tomorrow...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online