Re: The engine comes out this weekend *Update on post #53*

dang. your making really good progress!

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score

Ya, but sadly it has slowed now due to it being a weekend and the fact that as soon as the engine is assembled, I can't do anything because I need to get the tranny rebuilt.

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score

Heres the timing cover, would RTV work or am I SOL?

95PGTTech

Reaction score
Re: The engine comes out this weekend *Update on post #62*

RTV ultra grey!

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
Re: The engine comes out this weekend *Update on post #64*

Day 9: Finally got the intake bolted down, after a little bit of modifications, got both headers torqued down. Can't do much else until My parts get back from getting sandblasted/powdercoated...

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score

how bout while you're waiting for the rest of your parts you clean up that pig sty :angel4:

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score

Ya, that's tomorrow's project actually, It's gotten really bad in the garage. There is literally parts EVERYWHERE...

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score

Very nice, garage can't be too clean. Our garage is a mess too but it's too cold outside for me to want to do anything out there.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score

Cool man. Good work.

Moving this to the builds board now. :grin:

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score

OnyxCobra said:
Very nice, garage can't be too clean. Our garage is a mess too but it's too cold outside for me to want to do anything out there.
See that's what I love, my dad made our garage to cater to working on cars, so it's heated and insulated good, plus we have good enough wiring to get a welder if we want too :).

Paul

Legend
Reaction score

Spraypaint that block black!!! DO IT!

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score

too lazy, and It's not worth the effort, it's coming out in like a year or 2 to be replaced by a stroker :).

EDIT: On a side note, parts are going to get sandblasted tomorrow. I'm getting the oil pan, accessory brackets, timing cover,and pullies done, but the oil pan will not get powder coated, I'll just rattle can it, can't wait to see them and bolt them on. My mom said since the spring meltdown is 2-3 weeks away and if I don't have it done, she will give me a loan to finish it, which is funny as I only need like $900 to finish and I have that much right now :). It's not a matter of money, it's a matter of getting the parts for the tranny to my house ASAP so I can get that sucker rebuilt and everything back in.

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
Re: The engine comes out this weekend *Update on post #72*

Day 10: Engine is almost re-assembled now. Went and sandblasted lots of parts and tomorrow the accessory brackets and the pulleys get powder coated :). Anywho, I now have the timing cover bolted on, water pump on, oil pan on, and not seen is my new Milling high volume oil pump. Things are looking good, and I order my tranny parts on friday, hopefully get this beast running mid March, it is 100% do-able!

And my beast sitting in the backyard, I never though it was possible, but I CAN get the front end to sit higher :p

95PGTTech

Reaction score

Rice_slayer said:
OnyxCobra said:
See that's what I love, my dad made our garage to cater to working on cars, so it's heated and insulated good, plus we have good enough wiring to get a welder if we want too :).

do it. a MIG.
it is one of those tools that you look back on a year down the road and wonder how you lived without. it opens so many new possibilities it is ridiculous. It's like when you get your first wrench and socket set.

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score

Good news and bad news. Good news, The engine is basically ready to go in now and I sent my parts in to get powder coated, will be done next week AND My tranny parts are en-route to my house :). Bad news, Until the tranny is getting rebuilt, I can't do anything with the car :(. I might do some engine bay clean up sunday if I feel up to it. Can't wait to it to school, I had the fastest car already, but now it will be even faster/louder lol.

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
Re: The engine comes out this weekend *Update on post #76*

Day 11: Still awaiting tranny parts, so mechanical side of things are set on the side until parts arrive(hopefully this week or next). Today I took the chance to clean the engine bay(to the best of my ability) and to sand and paint my rusted rad support, turned out pretty good!
PS: I am aware of the ugly looking rack and pinion, getting a new one tomorrow, but won't have it in until the tranny is getting rebuilt.

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
Re: The engine comes out this weekend *Update on post #76*

As clean as a DD mustang will get. Apparently all the black stuff by the tranny IS an undercoating that a previous owner did, but most of it flaked off on the bottom, so I will get my dealership to re-do it eventually. After being in the engine bay and cleaning for an hour or 2, I want to get a tubular K-member and control arms next year :p.

OP
OP
R

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
Re: The engine comes out this weekend *Update on post #79 about Tranny*

Parts arrived for the tranny yesterday, and the guy that is doing it says it should be done by Wednesday/Thursday. My parent's are gone next weekend so on Friday we are lowering everything back into the car and over the weekend I will start to re-assemble everything, in other words, the project will be continued on March 12th, HOPING to get it fired by the 15-16th.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online