the momstang rebuild begins TOOK A TRIP AROUND THE BLOCK!

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Woohoo! There better be someone around to snap some pics of the first burnout!

I have had the gopros out for the final assembly and already thrown some of it together.

I gotta revamp my back brakes. I like the homemade catch can.

I am sure this is an old trick but I know there are others out there that probably do not know this trick either. Out of desperation I did a search for "one person brake bleeding" and found this video.
[video=youtube;ag-Q_lP0dOk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag-Q_lP0dOk&t=159s[/video]

Scott I’ll run out and shoot the video of the maiden voyage!!!!!! Just let me know when!!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

already under control but maybe if I get the passengers seat back in next time we can go for a ride and if your good I will let you touch my amp.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I can touch the amp?!?!! Holy shiznit!!!!! The godly gold’ness!!!!! :)

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
ever have one of those days when you have one simple task on your plate that you want to finish and thw world is just determined to make sure you can't do it? I finished everything up and was ready to get the car on the ground, even got my cameras out to record it and of course then 6 different things pop up and kept pushing it back. But....
41558905960_832247bd7c_c.jpg

the low life
29497661618_2487120e9c_c.jpg

Now I am hoping all I need to do is program the air ride and do a little on the digital dash to go for a ride...

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Holy crap, it’s actually happening! You’re getting close, dude. Keep plugging away and make sure your cameras are charged!

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Holy shit!!!! That’s the cleanest your garage floor has been in years!!!! Lol

Burnout vids coming soon......... :)

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
damn just putting the wheels/tires on and then doing the dance around the car to get it on the ground just flat out wore me out. I got a few more little things done on it but noticed I have not paid attention to the steering and its painfully obvious one wheel is off a little from the other. I wanted to start it just to make sure that it was all still good after moving a bunch of wiring around to clean it up. It fired up but had a strange sound every once and a while. I would say it sounded almost like a back fire but hard to describe. I had a neighbor stop in that has been dying to hear it and that wrenches a bit but he was not sure either. I asked my motor buddy to stop by and of course then when he is in the garage it doesn't make the noise at all now and actually sounds pretty nice. It looks like its running the way it should, or at least the way I have it set up as the AFR is right on the target. My motor buddy says the target afr is a little high at 14.3 at idle? Any opinions on what it should be?

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
AFR sounds about right to me, but I'm an idiot. And I am sure the miss noise was probably something that worked itself out :)

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
14.3 is good. The closer to stoich (14.7) you can get it to idle, the better. With a cammed car, a little rich is classed as normal so you are right where you should be.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
With the blower it’s best to be a tad rich rather than lean. Any boosted car has to be Leary of being lean at idle cause that means your fuel system is already behind the 8-ball when you smash the throttle and boost builds.

Lean at boost is a definite no-bueno.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
my stomach knows I have plans and its been waiting and saving up to put this on hold. Day 2 of me not leaving my bedroom/bathroom but it let me do some reading. I guess its not uncommon for the idle afr to be a little lean no matter what the meter reads with a cam and I have even read that my X pipe could even be making it worse. One piece of advice was to tune it by smell/feel(eyes not watering) but then I also realized while the computer has entered learning a few times now the learning table has not been transfered into the fuel table as its not ready right now as only a small portion of the idle area has been filled in/learned. Once I can take it for a spin and get more of the learn table filled in I will transfer that to the fuel table/graph and from there it should be better or at least ready for manual adjustments if needed and if I feel brave enough.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
3 days being sick and not eating took a lot out of me. I didn't feel like fiddling with the steering since it would require jacking it up so to feel like I was making progress I decided to finish the side windows now that I had the new regulators and seals. Got the pass side regulator in and even with fresh grease on all the tracks its slow to go up. Its slow but I could live with it so I grab the new window seal to slide it in place and that sucker is warped like a mofo enough that now the window does not want to go up at all. look at the shadow under the seal how its nothing on the ends and then sticks out in the middle.
43457876991_ac408d4564_c.jpg

so i grab the drivers side and its the same story. With the shape of it I don't think I can bend it to straighten it. Man one step forward and then two back...

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Heat gun maybe? I love those door handles.

The problem is that its a metal base in the shape of C-channel that they cover with rubber. I have considered trying to bend it back to straight but because of the shape I am afraid it will just wrinkle and ruin it.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
same stuff different day. I was about to get on the phone this morning and start yelling at LMR to get new seals when I decided to take one last look to see if I was missing something or what. After a closer look I decided to try and bend them into place and after starting carefully I ended up almost standing on them but after that I can say that they looked much better, good enough anyway. I also finally found and received the rubber pieces I needed for the cowl so after stripping the old adhesive off of and putting fesh stuff down it was nice to see it drop into place. tonight I decided to take a look at the steering. I straightened the wheels out and then I noticed that the drivers side seems to stick out about an inch further then the pass side.

43477381881_bb5b64aab6_c.jpg

and more good news the rear tire is loosing air...
28590674517_84b564577b_c.jpg

41669422350_5157f62985_c.jpg

I realize the castor angle is still way off on the pass side but it doesn't stick out like it does on the drivers side. I measured everything out when I swapped the K. What else could cause this?

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I think it would be easier to diagnose that with an alignment. Like, making sure everything is straight. If you measured and all of the components are good to go, maybe there's some weird aligning issue. You've got a completely redone suspension so not unheard of.

RedTwilight

Reaction score
Did they send you the wrong wheel by accident and the backspacing is different?
What about the control arms? Are they the same?
What K member are you using?
I know stupid questions that you've most likely checked already, but it's something to think about if you hadn't.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I really did not do much last night other then take a pic of them and took a step back to process what it meant. The only thing I checked was if I had both control arms in either the upper or lower mounting location the M&M K member and they were. Agreed that until I get the camber setting on the one its a little early to get too worried. I will fix it first and take some measurements to see what is off/where just never seen this problem before.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online