the momstang rebuild begins TOOK A TRIP AROUND THE BLOCK!

Sho Amo

Reaction score
I love those wheels man. I used to be really into the first generation of Taurus SHO. ROH made the Snyper in the the correct dimensions for those cars and they looked phenomenal. Ironically I had some MODA wheels that looked very similar to this on my SHO too.

ROH Snypers

My old car

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
A while back after I painted my tank I installed it and took this pic.
29441179838_3fa023e5aa_c.jpg

It would like to make you think that I installed it and was amazed at how great it looked and how happy I was I went through the trouble of painting it but in reality as soon as it was in it just made the rest of the area look like crap. I never really intended on it being visable and planned to build a cover to go over it all but now with the tank painted this will not do....

I am pretty anal about my wiring. When I am first done with it its neat/clean and easy to identify and then after another project goes over it and then I need to get into it to troubleshoot or add something and I end up with this....
28672392087_539f387509_c.jpg

After some time reorganizing things its much easier to figure out what is going on.
41767998950_9c8906c06c_c.jpg

mustang-ccrm-relay-pcm-fuel-pump-fan-9498

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
finally got the gauges straightened out and got them installed. Now I can take some time to play with the digital dash and set it up the way I want. It will take some getting use to now that they are all touch screen but hopefully that makes it easy to set up.
42980876324_4356e6798f_c.jpg

since the dash was back together I put the former clock pod that now houses my radar/laser display and the center channel for the future stereo. Its the first time I have seen it all together.
42797308795_ae117aa7db_c.jpg

42797309635_c1ec34b4e1_c.jpg

43700385381_fd5326d8d7_c.jpg

So then I fire the car up and it sounds pretty good but a little off, somethings missing. I check the header temps and #5 is cold and the drivers side is smoking. one step forward, two back........

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
the momstang rebuild begins IT STARTED!

My buddy and I were just sitting here around the fire............
d88202a0caabee3bd239ffe2d591e1a1.jpg
.........and we were just talking about your build.

That dash is gonna be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Woah I must have missed center channel stuff. When did that come to fruition?

And ugh! You'll get there bud!

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
it was a side project I did I think 2-3 yrs ago now, can't seem to find more then 2-3 build pics unfortunately. I cut the front and top portion off, added little here/there and managed to finagle it into place just barely. Not even sure I will use a center channel but it seemed like it could work

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
other then the misfire I hope is due to the injectors the only other problem I have had is the temp liked to get a little higher then I would want it to be climbing to 220 before I shut it down. We thought the thermostat might be bad but until now it wasn't really convenient to check it. Pulled it out tonight and found this.
43792899371_b8eedecf24_c.jpg

Is that some kind of stupid install err I did or just a bad part?

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Bad part. It should be closed until it gets up to temp. By being stuck wide open then the fluid doesn’t sit in the radiator long enough to be cooled by airflow. This causes the motor to circulate hot fluid and the car will run hot.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
got the new thermostat installed. I managed to fix the front end situation where one looked like one wheel was sticking out too far. It just ended up being one wheel was set nearly all the way negative camber, the other all the way positive and it just made it look crooked as hell. I drained the fuel lines back into a milk container to ensure there was no more crap in the lines and then pumped about another half gallon into the same container to ensure the lines to the tank are clear and did not get anything in there either. I finally installed the drivers side window and I am going to tint it this evening just because I am still waiting for the injectors. I got an email back that they were really dirty and still had crap coming out of the ultrasonic bubbler thingamabober. At this point I am just doing little things on the list to get it rolling but the injectors at this point is the only thing keeping me from trying to take a spin.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
got the new thermostat installed. I managed to fix the front end situation where one looked like one wheel was sticking out too far. It just ended up being one wheel was set nearly all the way negative camber, the other all the way positive and it just made it look crooked as hell. I drained the fuel lines back into a milk container to ensure there was no more crap in the lines and then pumped about another half gallon into the same container to ensure the lines to the tank are clear and did not get anything in there either. I finally installed the drivers side window and I am going to tint it this evening just because I am still waiting for the injectors. I got an email back that they were really dirty and still had crap coming out of the ultrasonic bubbler thingamabober. At this point I am just doing little things on the list to get it rolling but the injectors at this point is the only thing keeping me from trying to take a spin.

Ultrasonic bubbler thingamabober?! Did they say which year and model?!?! :)

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't ask is there one you recommend?

I hear the vintage mode with the ubermega muffler bearing is nice. The 73 with the moppedwhippled flux capacitor is suppose to be pretty awesome as well!!

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
they are supposed to be on the way back now and hopefully arrive today or tomorrow. He said they were very very very dirty.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I’d say that was part of the problems. Hopefully this helps make a big difference

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I sent them to track lab dyno in st louis. Ron Hagen was the owner/operator and I talked to him to tell him what I was sending him and he didn't think it would be a big deal as they normally have a 2-3 day turn around. So 3 days later anxious as heck I emailed him and he said he thought I was storing them in molasses as every time they put them in the sonic bubbler cleaner thingy that more grey crud came out. 4 days later he said that he had got them cleaned out and now they are flowing as they are supposed to. I got them today and I think I have everything back together but decided to take a break for dinner and come back and double check everything again as I have now had the whole fuel system apart, the cooling system, ect. There are a couple of things I am going to check after dinner but hope to have it started tonight.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Fingers and nutz crossed in hopes for a clean start!!!!!!

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
fired up and ran nice but it still will not stay cool. The upper rad hose only has air in it but it had enough pressure to spill some fluid when I took the cap off. I am sure I put the new thermostat in correctly.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Canaryonvskf’s

Members online

No members online now.