THE PALE-HORSE 98 V6

Discussion in 'Members Rides' started by PALESKIN, Feb 29, 2016.

1. PALESKIN

PALESKIN New Member

So I'm still debating whether or not I want to start building the car or just buy a GT and build that. I think what's really holding me back is the amount of parts I'm going to have to replace in the car. Well that's all my nagging, I took a couple of pictures with my friends camera. BEHOLD.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have more pictures, but photobucket is being lame.

2. Burninriverdiver

Burninriverdiver Well-Known Member

Welcome to the site man! And I have to agree that photobucket is lame! Looks like you've got a clean car, there are a lot of good v6 builds on this site, @orange94 and [MENTION=10997]g36 monkey[/MENTION] can help you out with power adding advice

3. 1998cobrasvt

1998cobrasvt Well-Known Member

Nice! Car has lots of potential. Opal is a great paint code. Look up Tony's build for inspiration. http://www.sn95forums.com/showthread.php?66685-at-it-again/page48

As for build this or GT, thats completely up to you depending on what your goals are. Is the exhaust note important to you? A v6 will never sound like a v8. In-fact, the more you modify the 3.8's exhaust system the further away from a v8 it will sound.

4. g36 monkey

g36 monkey Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

Yes and no. My Red car sounds like a 351W but it has a lot to do with being bore/stroked/huge cam.

Welcome aboard. You help me figure out what you are looking for, and I can give you some advice in the right direction.

This is not a forum (like some others) where we will instantly tell you you need to have a V8 or you don't have genitals. There are plenty of idiots out there who think that, however, they are the one's who make building the V6 that much more exciting.

So, as stated, tell us what you're thinking.

5. 1998cobrasvt

1998cobrasvt Well-Known Member

Oh yeah! The bore stroked cammed ones sound great. I was more so referring to bolt on builds/exhaust modifications.

6. PALESKIN

PALESKIN New Member

I've actually been following your thread, and Ferocious. Beautiful cars. I'm basically trying to get the car to long trip condition, some of my family lives a good 300 miles away, and SPIRIT (my mustang) can barely take 35 miles without a break without the car feeling like its dying. I had the heads machined on the car since it had a dead cylinder. So basically my main goals would really be to have the car is great shape all round, maybe add a GT exhaust. Power isn't really on my mind, because the car is a V6. I know you can modify a V6 to push out a lot more power, but she's my daily driver so I can't have her sitting for more than a day. That's basically it. Thanks for everyones warm welcome.

7. g36 monkey

g36 monkey Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

Were the head gaskets done at that time?

Basically, the biggest problem the 6 has is the head gaskets taking a dump eventually. Every other problem is usually something really stupid and easy to fix.