Thinking of starting an internet based performance shop

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Joined
Mar 20, 2006
Messages
3,229
Reaction score
0
If I started a shop, what kinds of parts would you guys like to see. Obviously, I would cater more to the race/extreme street crowd. But, I'd like to hear what kind of inventory people are interested in.
 

Spyder

Active Member
Joined
May 5, 2006
Messages
614
Reaction score
0
I would love to see boost of all sorts, ie. Blowers, Turbos, and Nitrous.

also, heads, cams intakes, tranny's, gear sets, suspension parts, uh basically anything and everything would be awesome.

Another thing that would be awesome is if you could do some parts in conjunction with a local machine shop, like ported and worked over heads, specialized short blocks, maybe even custom grind cams
 

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Joined
Mar 20, 2006
Messages
3,229
Reaction score
0
SilverSol said:
POWER,PERFORMANCE,POWER...and some more...POWER.....honestly though I'd say some custom parts or something.....

Yeah . .. I'm actually working on some custom stuff right now. It's a blower application that would be perfect for Mustangs, but isn't available as of now. I'll let you know how that develops.

BTW . . . I just checked GoDaddy and BigTitsRacing.com is available . . . O0
 

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Joined
Mar 20, 2006
Messages
3,229
Reaction score
0
Spyder said:
I would love to see boost of all sorts, ie. Blowers, Turbos, and Nitrous.

also, heads, cams intakes, tranny's, gear sets, suspension parts, uh basically anything and everything would be awesome.

Another thing that would be awesome is if you could do some parts in conjunction with a local machine shop, like ported and worked over heads, specialized short blocks, maybe even custom grind cams

I have a machine shop for fabrication and a machine shop for engines/porting and so on already lined up. I haven't looked into cams yet, but the other stuff would be available.
 

Fets

Post Whore
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
11,013
Reaction score
2
Will we get a free t-shirt or hat for ordering?
 

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Joined
Mar 20, 2006
Messages
3,229
Reaction score
0
Free T-Shirts and hats and an autographed picture of ME!!!! :pimp2:
 

97blackgt

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2006
Messages
1,064
Reaction score
0
i would say stick to the custom work where u wont have to work with toms of poeple, but u make good money
 

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Joined
Mar 20, 2006
Messages
3,229
Reaction score
0
Twista said:
exhaust???

Yeah . . there aren't a lot of good options out there for engine swap exhausts for Mustangs. That's why I had to go custom with mine.

97blackgt said:
i would say stick to the custom work where u wont have to work with toms of poeple, but u make good money

I have some of that in the works. I'll fill y'all in on the details when things firm up.
 

Twista

Legend
Joined
Mar 7, 2006
Messages
6,042
Reaction score
76
TRUUBLE said:
Twista said:
exhaust???

Yeah . . there aren't a lot of good options out there for engine swap exhausts for Mustangs. That's why I had to go custom with mine.

97blackgt said:
i would say stick to the custom work where u wont have to work with toms of poeple, but u make good money

I have some of that in the works. I'll fill y'all in on the details when things firm up.

Maybe fets can be your 1st custom exhaust customer :dancing6: (engine swap)
 

TxCobrA98

Legend
Joined
May 14, 2006
Messages
7,976
Reaction score
5
definitely some forced induction.. engine components.. air/fuel delivery, roll cages, seats, tranny's, rear ends, suspension, slicks?, fuel cells, battery relocation kits, maybe some fiberglass body panels?....

what is this geared towards? mustangs? or multiple cars?
 

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Joined
Mar 20, 2006
Messages
3,229
Reaction score
0
[TxCobrA98 said:
]
definitely some forced induction.. engine components.. air/fuel delivery, roll cages, seats, tranny's, rear ends, suspension, slicks?, fuel cells, battery relocation kits, maybe some fiberglass body panels?....

what is this geared towards? mustangs? or multiple cars?

I'd like to have a selection of parts geared towards all race/ultra-highperformance street cars . . . with an emphasis on Mustangs. There are a lot of parts that we NEED for our stangs that aren't readily available.

DFG_Pimpin said:
turbo headers for a 4.6 2slow...eerrr, 2V i mean..

Headers are likely to be a big part of the deal . . . the offerings out there are few and lacking.
 

Fets

Post Whore
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
11,013
Reaction score
2
Twista said:
Maybe fets can be your 1st custom exhaust customer :dancing6: (engine swap)

Hellz yea son! That be awesome. :pimp2:

But Im only doing a regular ole PI Swap and blower later on :-\ :(
 

Peter

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2006
Messages
1,585
Reaction score
6
I havent seen to many companies that sell full assembled motors and the ones that do *coughFRPPcough* charge an arm and a leg.

So maybe some 302's-big blocks built up with different power levels, some setup for NA power others for boost. With interchangeable parts. Hell you could even sell motors built with a blower attached. I would love to have seen something like that before I built my combo. Im sure a lot of other people are thinking the same thing. Not to mention you could sell all parts individually that go into the motors.
 

ripper

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2007
Messages
3,323
Reaction score
0
BIGTITSRACING huh? Id rather get an autographed picture of the tits truubs :dunno:


If your gonna start doing stuff like custom machined parts concentrate on one thing. Its like ported heads, peeps ask who has the best? Would be awesome to see them say bigtitsracing. Like you say you have an idea on a blower app. Put all your money and time into that and make it the best you can even if it costs a little more than you want it too. Kinda like the diff in a powerdyne and a KB ya know what i mean? Ive had a few ideas myself but my ambition left about 20 yrs ago LOL. An aluminum ported 4.6 intake (like trickflows new one) would be cool as hell. Forget all the other crap and just offer one great product to start. If you do it wont take long for the word to get out. Especially with all these post whores LOL. :blah2:
 

Forum statistics

Threads
74,879
Messages
1,452,527
Members
13,568
Latest member
gunnybuck

Members online

Top