Throttle bodies

garrittpwl

Reaction score
Is BBK known for making ANY quality products? Too my knowledge once Mac was gone they became the defacto cheap option for everything.
I don't mind their tuned length headers that I'm running, or the hpipe or the CAI. those are pretty simple items though so idk what issues there would be to have lol

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
with some of the TB when you would push the clutch in and let off the gas rather than go down to idle they would hang at the rpm they were at or sometimes even rev a little before dropping. People fix them by making a gasket with a smaller hole for the air to go through for the IAC to put a band aid on it.

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
is there anything other than the tb that is bad?
Lots of cracked headers from crappy welds and their Ceramic Coating can be fairly spotty. Mid Pipes are known to not seal up well especially on the passenger side header. CAI being made from Steel adds heat. A lot of ok products if you are on a budget you can make them work. But nothing that is ever going to be considered top shelf stuff.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Lots of cracked headers from crappy welds and their Ceramic Coating can be fairly spotty. Mid Pipes are known to not seal up well especially on the passenger side header. CAI being made from Steel adds heat. A lot of ok products if you are on a budget you can make them work. But nothing that is ever going to be considered top shelf stuff.
I had a set of their headers for a while. They were not ceramic but chrome plated and yea that didn't last long but chrome plated headers never will. I sent the JBA I was replacing them with to nitroplate about a month before they quit doing small batch jobs and now that has held up very nicely both in fit and finish but those two brands are not really an apples/apples comparison.

OP
OP
J_lope82

J_lope82

Reaction score
This is what I currently have on the car. Stock intake plenum with a 70mm bbk TB. Will a accufab 75 mm TB and plenum make a noticeable difference? Is it worth the $500? No plans on added forced induction in the future probably just bigger cams and headers. It already has a full PI swap. In a few years(3-5 years) I might do coyote swap.

9BC680EF-2D94-40AF-A56A-2FB180F9EDB0.jpeg33F90949-9F8E-4A37-B20F-BF1A214FBAD3.jpeg

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The real clog is the plenum so changing the throttle body won't change much but you will notice a bump from just the new plenum.

Two ways you could go about it, get just the plenum and keep the TB you have or get the TB/Plenum combo and sell the TB you have to eat up some of the cost. Accufab ships the TB already mounted to the Plenum if you get the combo which is a nice time saver too. But, bottom line, the plenum alone is worth it.

OP
OP
J_lope82

J_lope82

Reaction score
The only plenum that I can see is sold by itself is the SR performance plenum for $128.00. I could pair it with my current TB and save a lot of money for other mods.

badass98svt

Reaction score
If it were me, I'd go Accufab. I don't like to skimp out on stuff. I like to buy my parts once and be done with it.
I definitely would not put anything made by "SR Performance" on my car though.

OP
OP
J_lope82

J_lope82

Reaction score
OP
OP
J_lope82

J_lope82

Reaction score
That Trickflow plenum looks like it’s a good product. I might just pair it up with the BBK TB that the car came with.
Anyone used the Trickflow before?

chithead

Reaction score
;)

51464490467_e573ba647d_c-jpg.16270

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online