Throttle bodies

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
And change his underwear...
exactly true. It was in a small neighborhood in Az and he was directly across the street from me in his garage with the motor on the stand/no exhaust. I wasn't sure what I heard but I went out to see what it could have been and found him ghost white pacing back and forth in front of the garage sweating like crazy. He was an engineer that read about building your own shelby cobra and how fun/easy it is. He had never even changed his own oil prior to this adventure... He moved before he finished it, if he ever finished it.

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
exactly true. It was in a small neighborhood in Az and he was directly across the street from me in his garage with the motor on the stand/no exhaust. I wasn't sure what I heard but I went out to see what it could have been and found him ghost white pacing back and forth in front of the garage sweating like crazy. He was an engineer that read about building your own shelby cobra and how fun/easy it is. He had never even changed his own oil prior to this adventure... He moved before he finished it, if he ever finished it.
No throttle body or exhaust!?!?! Was blood coming out of his ears when you got there?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
No throttle body or exhaust!?!?! Was blood coming out of his ears when you got there?
YUP! Imagine on your day off just chilling watching tv when the neighbor 40 ft across the street fires up that 302 with no intake or exhaust. "WAAAAAAAAAAAAABABABABABABABABABABABABABABABABABABABAAAA"! I managed to mute the tv for the last 2 secs to confirm it was not my stereo exploding but that just led to more questions. He was a really smart guy but book smart and with NO automotive experience.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
if you are expecting it then it is JUST a tad different and I am willing to bet while you give it a few revs you are not testing the redline. Dude was shaking and stuttering as he described what had happened. He said part of him was screaming "RUN FOR YOUR LIFE", and the other was telling him to pull the coil wire while trying to jam his hand far enough over the intake to choke it off. Then it was time to wipe...

Notthenow

Reaction score
To be sure! I'm laughing just imagining it again. You know, funny to tell, not funny to be the guy in the moment.

OP
OP
J_lope82

J_lope82

Reaction score
Reminds of when we use to rebuild big Diesel engines off shore Louisiana. On initial start up We would always be ready with plates to put on the turbo inlets in case the fuel system dumps too much fuel and the engine wants to run away. Now that’s scary.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Reminds of when we use to rebuild big Diesel engines off shore Louisiana. On initial start up We would always be ready with plates to put on the turbo inlets in case the fuel system dumps too much fuel and the engine wants to run away. Now that’s scary.
those runaway diesel vids are fun to watch, probably like it would have been fun to watch my neighbor damn this for all happening before ring recording doorbells.....

Snorky

Reaction score
I would just do the cam swap and some long tubes. You wont see any real changes with the throttle body and upper plenum swap. Saveeee the money for better modifications.

OP
OP
J_lope82

J_lope82

Reaction score
I’ve heard aftermarket cams won’t give you much more HP than the PI cams it already has. Not sure how true that may be.
I know the headers will for sure give you more HP.

OP
OP
J_lope82

J_lope82

Reaction score
Also I’m trying to be careful with the mods I do to the car. Meaning I don’t want to over mod my car to the point it’s not enjoyable to drive or I’ll start having a lot of drivability and reliability issues with it.

OP
OP
J_lope82

J_lope82

Reaction score
I bought the trickflow and got it installed. I paired it up with the existing 70mm BBK throttle body. Meh
I went and did a test pull. Got it up to 120 and then saw where I needed to turn. Have you ever tried stopping from 120mph with stock brakes?
Well I missed the turn.
A1154F97-D21E-4466-920D-D91B5013F675.jpeg

Attachments

• F49BDAE3-3228-47AF-A89E-362E78139E75.jpeg
    F49BDAE3-3228-47AF-A89E-362E78139E75.jpeg
    275.1 KB · Views: 5

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I bought the trickflow and got it installed. I paired it up with the existing 70mm BBK throttle body. Meh
I went and did a test pull. Got it up to 120 and then saw where I needed to turn. Have you ever tried stopping from 120mph with stock brakes?
Well I missed the turn.
View attachment 17033
Lol looks good. I remember in my 95 GT back in the day I used use the far return lane at Sacramento Raceway because I couldn't slow down enough to make the first lane. The only people who used that lane were me in my 13 second sn95 and bunch of 10 second or better cars. Needless to say I've been working on installing my gears and 6 piston Baer brakes the last few nights. Not going to have trouble stopping this time around.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online