Throw out bearing problems

predator97svt

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just bought my first sn95 back in March. As all the other modulars the throw out bearing started to go out once I started beating on it. When I dropped the tranny I found something that I didnt expect to find. I found an 8 bolt flywheel. From all the research I did I found out that my year cobra was supposed to have a 6 bolt in it. I even called Choast High Performance, Livernois motorsports, JP motorsports and thay all said I should have a 6 bolt. Mike Scroppe from Livernois said that a very fiew cobras like mine came with an 8 bolt, but he said it was like a one in ten thousand chance to get one. anyways back to the point. I replaced my entire clutch assembly with a centerforce duel friction unit and I love it. That was about a month ago, I broke the clutch in properly for 500 mile like they said and everything was great. Until last night, I had just raced an 05 STI ( I won ) and was headed back for the parking lot we were parked at when my car started making a ticking noise. I got under the car an sure enought it was the new throw out bearing. i didnt install it wrong I'm thinking it was just a defective TOB. Are ther any aftermarket heavy duity TOB's out there. I really dont want to be pulling my tranny every 2-5 thousand miles. Any info would be great, thanks guys.

tomustang

Reaction score
any TOB is like a hit or miss when it comes to making noise, although TOB's make squealing noises not ticking

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online