To buy or not to buy 96 GT

el docum

Reaction score
At this price it's not a gift, 76,000 miles, it's not a new car, I'm sure you can find one with a lower mileage for around the same price.

S

scarface

DS002 said:
scarface said:
its nice.

Are the wheels on it the same as yours just with grey spokes and a polished lip? Im hopefully going tomorrow or tuesday to check it out, if everything goes well Ill probably pay cash on spot and pick it up.
yeah, they are bullitt wheels. Most likey they are 17x8 all around.

OP
OP
D

DS002

Reaction score
Idk if its a northeast thing, but every unmolested mustang GT is priced over KBB or NADA value. :dunno:

OP
OP
D

DS002

Reaction score
Sent him a message saying Id be willing do 8.5K cash if I like what I see when I goto check it out, hopefully he will get back to me soon.

S

scarface

DS002 said:
Sent him a message saying Id be willing do 8.5K cash if I like what I see when I goto check it out, hopefully he will get back to me soon.
nice...let us know :)

OP
OP
D

DS002

Reaction score
Alright well basically I dont think he will go down to 8.5k, but I think he will go for 9k. He is the only owner and the car has never seen winter before. He used to live down south and just moved north. He also says it was very well maintianed and just from the pictures I believe him. But I have never driven a 99-04 GT so I dont even kow for sure that I'll like it. But if I do I'll probably pick it up.

96GTRagTop

Reaction score
DS002 said:
Idk if its a northeast thing, but every unmolested mustang GT is priced over KBB or NADA value. :dunno:

its because a unmolested gt is coming rarer every day. A stock 99 gt with 50k is most likely going to be a car that sat in someones garage all week long. Think about how many guys have 05+GTs sitting at home and drive a beater or minivan or truck to work. My car had 62k on her when i bought her, 2 ownder, and the mileage spread out over winter months.

OP
OP
D

DS002

Reaction score
I am now the proud owner of a 2000 mustang GT O0

OP
OP
D

DS002

Reaction score
Hopefully tomorrow or wednesday Ill get some pics up, the car is in very very good shape and the owner was a real stand up guy. The car was definitly not molested, and it ran real strong. Idk what it is about mustangs but they fit my driving style perfectly, I hopped right in and the car just felt right to me. The way it shifts and the powerband are awesome. It isn't the fastest thing in the world especially considering I have buddies with some cammed LS1 f-bodies but it is definitly enough car to keep me happy for a long time.

First mods.....

eibach or H&R springs with CC plates
bassani exhaust
1" wheel spacers

I want to keep it relatively original just spruce it up a bit.

powerfreak

Reaction score
DS002 said:
Hopefully tomorrow or wednesday Ill get some pics up, the car is in very very good shape and the owner was a real stand up guy. The car was definitly not molested, and it ran real strong. Idk what it is about mustangs but they fit my driving style perfectly, I hopped right in and the car just felt right to me. The way it shifts and the powerband are awesome. It isn't the fastest thing in the world especially considering I have buddies with some cammed LS1 f-bodies but it is definitly enough car to keep me happy for a long time.

First mods.....

eibach or H&R springs with CC plates
bassani exhaust
1" wheel spacers

I want to keep it relatively original just spruce it up a bit.

Congrats....good luck with it.

el docum

Reaction score
Congrat, your new car look very clean !

You must show it :

GT2.jpg

O0

F.

OP
OP
D

DS002

Reaction score
Thanks for linking the picture, for some reason when I used to photobucket link they wouldnt work.

drifts14x

Reaction score
You want the best negotiating tool in the world? Bring 7k in cash, lay it on the hood, ask her if you have a deal. People have a really hard time turning down money when it's in front of them. My Dad took 12k in cash to this guys house to buy my 96 Corvette when he wanted 13.5k and we put it on the hood, he says "hang on" goes inside and grabs the title.

OP
OP
D

DS002

Reaction score
Happy to see everyone getting a good laugh from those fanboys on honda-tech. :rice:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online