Too much boost?

410sn95

Reaction score
Don't know what to say. I just say what I saw.

That's why it would be nice to know pulley dimensions.

For what it is worth, I have a stock sn95 Vortech Lower and 3.33 upper that might be better suited for your setup. (What originally comes with sn95 Vortech kits)...

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Ahh... I can't [although I have to] wait to put some boost on my 410 and destroy my drivetrain!!

410sn95

Reaction score
Ahh... I can't [although I have to] wait to put some boost on my 410 and destroy my drivetrain!!

Blew through my G-force once already and it has ALL the goodies. Destroyed the input, 3rd was getting ready to check out as well. My trans builder thinks it will hold up now...

If I had to do it over again, T-56 all the way. Wasn't a viable option when I was building my car, though.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Same here, cost is a factor but my rebuilt, 10-spline Tremec 3550 is living on borrowed time

410sn95

Reaction score
When it blows, t-56 Magnum. done. Cost wise, its a steal these days. I have more in my t-5 now after that rebuild than a Magnum.

When I was building the car, only choices I really had were G-force or Viper spec t-56. Viper spec t-56 was $$$$$$$$ and my trans builder swore the G-force could handle it... ha.

Nice thing about the G-force is its bolt in. Pull t-5 out, put another t-5 in.

OP
OP
seantesarski

seantesarski

Reaction score
The kit should be here any day now so I can measure the pulleys myself but I just asked him now and he said it has an upgraded crank pulley as well. Im just going to put the stock blower pulley on it and go from there. I wouldnt mind enjoying the car before it blows up. I guess I need to get a different belt for it too.

Michael Plummer

Reaction score
If you're able to control or reduce total timing your head gaskets will be fine. Octane and less total timing are both necessary when dealing with a power adder. Set it up correctly, and you should be fine, if you don't add octane and reduce total timing you may have issues.
Good luck
Michael Plummer

OP
OP
seantesarski

seantesarski

Reaction score
That's why it would be nice to know pulley dimensions.

For what it is worth, I have a stock sn95 Vortech Lower and 3.33 upper that might be better suited for your setup. (What originally comes with sn95 Vortech kits)...

Ok so kit came in. It came with 6.88 crank and the blower pulley is 2.95 but also came with a 3.33. Any idea what kinda boost I would see with each? And what belt would I use?

410sn95

Reaction score
Ok so kit came in. It came with 6.88 crank and the blower pulley is 2.95 but also came with a 3.33. Any idea what kinda boost I would see with each? And what belt would I use?

You have a Stockish longblock.

6.88 with a 3.33 will probably net roughly 8lbs at 6k. That's what comes in the HO kits.

Per Vortech each step down in pulley should roughly give you another 1 psi or so...

OP
OP
seantesarski

seantesarski

Reaction score
You have a Stockish longblock.

6.88 with a 3.33 will probably net roughly 8lbs at 6k. That's what comes in the HO kits.

Per Vortech each step down in pulley should roughly give you another 1 psi or so...

So the 2.95 wouldnt be completely unrealistic to use?

boss302whr

Reaction score
ahuzader.jpg

This picture is from a book i got for going to school, so there are the facts, now you need to decide if it's worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online