Toyota tundras

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
This thread is still going?

All I have to say is:

Toyota Tundras; burn them with fiiiiire!

Tekton1377

Reaction score
All I've got to say is:
Toyota Tundras; Tied with the F-150 for most domestic parts content. More American than dodge and chevy.

OP
OP
Musturd

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
All I've got to say is:
Toyota Tundras; Tied with the F-150 for most domestic parts content. More American than dodge and chevy.

All all I gotta say is ... Do you remember your first blow job ?

LI98GT

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a truck that can handle DD for the wife and tow our 7600lb travel trailer (loaded weight). The job is being done now by an '03 Expedition which does fine on flat roads, but struggles with grades. What I've found is that the Toyota Tundra seems to be a decent, reliable truck (know one owner) with some nice features i.e. entire rear window can go down, but the show stoppers for me is not the fuel economy (it's a truck and wife has a fairly short commute), but the gas tank is relatively small at 26 gallons compared to the F150 (Ecoboost crewcab), which has 36 Gallons. So when towing, the Tundra will only have a range of ~ 260 miles where as the Ford would have ~360 miles before empty. No integrated brake controller is available on the Tundra and these new ones have an "simulated" automated limited slip diff, not a "real" one available as an option. Two missteps IMO, since they market these as towing vehicles. While tow capacity is excellent on the Tundras, the payload is on the low end of the spectrum with the crewcab, which limits people, hitch weight and what you can take with you i.e. generators, bicycles etc...
The Ecoboost, Crew cab F150s I have my eye on can be found/ordered with tow capacity plus with max trailer tow package, get additional payload capacity. Even more can be be added with a max payload package - again, also not available on the Tundra. Lighter duty tow jobs can get away with some of the missing features, but for us, it's a no go.

RichV

Reaction score
Ecoboost for the baby truck or a turbo diesel for a mans truck. 7600 ain't no small load.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Ecoboost F150 > *

watch that torture test and then explain why you'd buy any other half-ton truck for doing hauling/towing.

Like Chris said trucks used as daily drivers or pulling light loads are irrelevant. You should not be impressed that your pickup can tow a car around, that's bush league. Get it up to 9000+ lbs and then see what's up.

OP
OP
Musturd

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Ecoboost F150 > *

watch that torture test and then explain why you'd buy any other half-ton truck for doing hauling/towing.

Like Chris said trucks used as daily drivers or pulling light loads is irrelevant. You should not be impressed that your pickup can tow a car around, that's bush league. Get it up to 9000+ lbs and then see what's up.

Well said I tow over 10k with my truck on the regular ... I agree though the ecoboost is a great truck for a half ton .

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
I've pulled 13k with our (t)rusty 7.3. It's rusting out bad but that mother could pull anything I threw at it pre-tune. I'd love to pull that 13k again since it's been tuned, gauges added, and trailer brake controller added. I bet it'd be even more fun.

Don't say you'll "never need it" because my dad said the same thing back 14 years ago when he initially went to buy our truck. He told my mom he'd "never need that much truck" and here we are having pulled heavy loads multiple times, having hauled over 2 tons in the bed numerous times.... All these things he "never thought" he'd need. Don't sell yourself short, get a real truck. I admit, most of this is because of me, but that's irrelevant. Lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online

No members online now.