Trade my car for 2014 5.0, trackpack, 6 speed stick

Cpotts13

Reaction score
Pass, I never realized how good no car payment was till I had one again -_- Get a nice dd?

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Someone said recently " everyone and their brother has a coyote"
your car is tight, low mileage. Keep it don't be car poor.

Actually I said everyone and their mother. hahaha. thanks for the advice. Yeah low mileage for sure, 58k lol.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Pass, I never realized how good no car payment was till I had one again -_- Get a nice dd?

Yeah I'm not a fan of payments, like I said in an earlier post, If I can buy it outright I wouldn't buy it. Getting a nice daily is the plan for early next year. I love my car, but I'd like to keep it nice (under a cover), keep the miles off it and not drive it in the snow anymore...

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
No freakin way Id pay $1000+ a month just to drive a new mustang that's going to blend in with the 5000 other coyotes within a mile from you.

So on point. I drive mine around and there's not one even remotely similar to mine. I stand out over here, I like being different. And honestly idk what it is, but the 5.0s just don't sound right to me. Don't get me wrong his setup, offroad x, borla stinger s type cb, sounds insane. But these things don't sound like they should, way too much wahhhhh high pitched shit.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Solid advice.

Joe 6 bills a month will kill you at that age. I'm putting money aside and going through finances to determine what I can spend in the next few months on a '11 Shelby. My cutoff is 5 bills a month. That leaves me with enough for insurance, insurance on my jeep, storage on my silver turd, gas money, cell phone, gym, and everything else. Plus money to spend when I feel the need. I'm 22 working 40+ a week tho. You really need to put all of that into perspective when you're thinking about buying a new car, or anything else for that matter. Best advice I can offer you is to put 6 aside this month and don't touch it. Then when November rolls around, look back at October and decide if you can do that every month or not. If you feel comfortable then do another month to be sure. I tested myself by impulsively buying a glock a few months ago. $598 out the door. After reviewing my finances I found that I could easily spend that kind of money and still do whatever I want. It's what helped me determine a cap for what I can spend on a monthly payment.

It's ultimately up to you but I can tell you at 18 i was working full time and paying $400/month on my old camaro. It wasn't hard because I turned part Jewish lol, but I couldn't do the things I wanted to do. So think about that too man. Sounds like you've got your mind made up already, but I just wanted to add my own experience to the mix.

When you do decide you want to buy, save up a nice down payment. Most banks like to see 10%. It'll definitely help you get a lower monthly, and better interest rate. Which the interest is what kills you, that's why your buddy is paying so much a month. Sounds to me like he's tired of the payment lol

Forgot to add to the end of my post. He works at a detailing place, probably makes like 100 a day if not less. So he's basically working to keep the car, thats why he has nothing done to it except exhaust and a cheap ass bbk chrome cai lol.

96gt4.6

Reaction score
no way i would do that trade, you would be giving him your car for free. if you wanted to it i would tell him a price for your car and take that cash and put it as a down payment on the loan for his car or another. either way the payment would suck

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
no way i would do that trade, you would be giving him your car for free. if you wanted to it i would tell him a price for your car and take that cash and put it as a down payment on the loan for his car or another. either way the payment would suck

Agreed. I'm not doing it, just wanted to see what other people thought. No way I could give up my car for nothing, over my dead body haha. I mean if I got a new one on my own and gave the car to my brother thats different. But he's obviously just looking to get rid of the payments.

Carnage281

Reaction score
Good choice, car payments suck. My brother was is in the same position at one point, but decided to wait and bought a coyote after he got his bachelors and was in his first year for his masters. Best decision imho. I also agree with you on the way those coyotes sound, it's weird but something just sounds off when they get up in the higher rpm.

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Hell no. Sounds like he got a payment he doesn't want anymore. Keep your mustang and get a new 5.0 when you can afford it and it's your own decision from the start

* Sent from tapatalk while sitting on the toilet at work*

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srchop16

Members online