Trunk Mount Battery How To. (Updated with pics)

red95gtcoupe

Reaction score
My alt wire goes to the fuse box, so for this diagram would I just send it back to the switch instead of the stud on the fuse box? And the original battery wire would be removed and instead a wire from the switch would go to the starter stud where the wire from the fuse box went? My local track just went NHRA and are starting to enforce the rules. Anything could run before, but now they are cracking down.

Brian

ryclef331

Reaction score
tRaV_19 said:
i really like the light its the style i want i was just curious if you could drill into the reflective part and not have to mess with the back up bulb....but i think it would have to be drilled at a angle to get it into the right spot inside the trunk and making too much work....im just curious about rain or what not when the car is driven on the street and the rod is removed

Car doesn't see rain....at least I don't PLAN on it seeing rain (no wipers, ET Streets out back, no defrost or A/C = not fun in the rain) but if it did (RainX for the WIN), I woudn't be terribly concerned with it being as its on the backside of the car.

ryclef331

Reaction score
red95gtcoupe said:
My alt wire goes to the fuse box, so for this diagram would I just send it back to the switch instead of the stud on the fuse box? And the original battery wire would be removed and instead a wire from the switch would go to the starter stud where the wire from the fuse box went? My local track just went NHRA and are starting to enforce the rules. Anything could run before, but now they are cracking down.

Brian

Correct! The alternator wire has to go to the ALWAYS HOT side of the switch or directly to the positve of the battery (the switch is easier to route though....less cables in the box). If you don't have the cable routed right, what you slap the switch, the car will CONTINUE to run off the alternator.

stang94X

Reaction score
if i just wanted to mount the battery in the back without a switch would i just run a positive cable from the starter to the battery and then some type of ground from the negative

331mustang

Reaction score
if you plan on racing it, it won't be nhra legal without the switch.if not then that will work just fine.

ryclef331

Reaction score
stang94X said:
if i just wanted to mount the battery in the back without a switch would i just run a positive cable from the starter to the battery and then some type of ground from the negative

That'll work.

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
my car wont see much road time in the near future but you never can predict this crappy ass weather we have in michigan soo i always try to plan that yes it will be rained on at some time

ryclef331

Reaction score
tRaV_19 said:
my car wont see much road time in the near future but you never can predict this crappy ass weather we have in michigan soo i always try to plan that yes it will be rained on at some time

I live on southern coastal north carolina....in the summer....it will rain...everyday SOMEWHERE. I hardly ever wash my truck b/c of it...

94 DropTop

Reaction score
my car is a DD so is there anyway to do the switch a different way. cuz i wont drill to have a switch on the outside. if thats the only way ill just lie to the guy inspecting the car.(They dont check if you tell them you just have bolt ons. >:D

ryclef331

Reaction score
There really is no way around it. You gotta punch a hole in something to mount a switch. You can put a grommet in the hole to seal it up though.

red95gtcoupe

Reaction score
I made bracket and mounted mine under my bumper inside my passenger side tailpipe. I had to drill holes for the cables to go through the floor of the truck, and then on the metal frame of the rear bumber to hold the bracket. I didnt have to drill any holes if the body, although I like the look of ryclefs. If I had a spare taillight I might have done it that way.

Brian

rogersstones

Reaction score
It is really a very good information. It is really advantageous and fruitful for me. I like to take advantage of it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online

No members online now.