TTSALEEN Ride Along - 3rd and Final installment!!

Kilo70

Reaction score
Looks like a helluva ride.
Hope he enjoys. :)

Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk.

torch318

Reaction score
Bittersweet im sure hopefully he takes as good a care of it as you did.

Sinned83

Reaction score
Car was sweet can't wait to see the mach build!

OP
OP
TTSaleen

TTSaleen

Reaction score
Congrats to Brad the new owner of my former TTSaleen project!
Brad made it to Dragging Rights today and made his first ever dragstrip pass in the car.

1st pass - Left easy, lifted before 1,000 feet.
On the brakes ran a 10.70 @ 107.

2nd pass - Left easy, tires started hazing top of 2nd and 3rd gears.
Banged out a 9.93 @ 148 mph on the exact same tuneup I ran at Darlington, SC 2 years ago! Pump gas only (93 octane) and 17 pounds max boost.

Big SHOUT-OUT to Fastlane Motorsports for building such a bad ass combination that literally ANYONE can hop in and drive but still have the power to run like this one does!

Awesome job guys!

Ryan

VIDEO --------->

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AtDuSlFT10

9838stang

Reaction score
Lucky guy right there! love the car watched some of the build progress, and many that thing is an animal! Wish i could have afforded that car!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
looks like a fun ride that any of us would consider lucky to take. But there is one thing that confuses me, is everyone in the car normal sized? Anytime I have had 4 full sized adults in my car it felt like we had just loaded up the clown car and when one of the doors opens 1.5 people falls out just from the pressure difference. People in the back seat are *****ing that they have no leg room while my knees are eating the dash so bad I look forward to shifting to move them.

punched281

Reaction score
Just curious, I have seen your videos and was amazed. What tranny did you have in there? If I remember right it has electronic od, was it a built 4r70 or 75?

And how did you like your tranny setup on that?

OP
OP
TTSaleen

TTSaleen

Reaction score
Just curious, I have seen your videos and was amazed. What tranny did you have in there? If I remember right it has electronic od, was it a built 4r70 or 75?
And how did you like your tranny setup on that?

4R70W - crygenically treated shaft, upgraded clutches, kevlar o/d band, manual valve body, with transbrake. PI converter with 3,200 foot brake stall speed and 4,000 stall speed on transbrake.
It is the transmission I should have put in there back in 2009 when I built this combo. I would not have wasted my time with 2 Viper spec T-56 transmissions!

The auto sure makes the car easy to drive and holds the power without fail!

Ryan

punched281

Reaction score
4R70W - crygenically treated shaft, upgraded clutches, kevlar o/d band, manual valve body, with transbrake. PI converter with 3,200 foot brake stall speed and 4,000 stall speed on transbrake.
It is the transmission I should have put in there back in 2009 when I built this combo. I would not have wasted my time with 2 Viper spec T-56 transmissions!

The auto sure makes the car easy to drive and holds the power without fail!

Ryan

Thanks for the info! I've got a built 2v getting ready for boost and am really thinking about this tranny. I think you just helped make my mind up!

OP
OP
TTSaleen

TTSaleen

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I've got a built 2v getting ready for boost and am really thinking about this tranny. I think you just helped make my mind up!

No problem. Trust me when I say I spent months researching the best option for the car.

I'll throw some pics on here for your viewing pleasure.

Trans2.jpg

100_7475.jpg

100_7510.jpg

100_7516.jpg

100_7541.jpg

punched281

Reaction score
No problem. Trust me when I say I spent months researching the best option for the car.

I'll throw some pics on here for your viewing pleasure.

Trans2.jpg

100_7475.jpg

100_7510.jpg

100_7516.jpg

100_7541.jpg

Well looks like I might be trying to make the same tranny you did! Thinking about throwing a stock 4r behind it right now, its just n/a for now. If you don't mind, how much did you have into it?

OP
OP
TTSaleen

TTSaleen

Reaction score
Well looks like I might be trying to make the same tranny you did! Thinking about throwing a stock 4r behind it right now, its just n/a for now. If you don't mind, how much did you have into it?

I got a SMOKIN' deal off a guy on yellowbullet forums! He had decided to get out of racing and had my transmission and PI converter sitting in his shop. He had it built up for his 5.4 twin turbo mod motor! What a coincidence!
So it was a natural fit in my car and the stall was perfect!
I paid $2,500 shipped!! Crazy!

punched281

Reaction score
I got a SMOKIN' deal off a guy on yellowbullet forums! He had decided to get out of racing and had my transmission and PI converter sitting in his shop. He had it built up for his 5.4 twin turbo mod motor! What a coincidence!
So it was a natural fit in my car and the stall was perfect!
I paid $2,500 shipped!! Crazy!

Dang that's awesome. There is a guy local to me selling one for real cheap but I just can't swing it right now unfortunately. So I'm thinking I'll pick one out of pull an pay and toss that in there for now. Looks sick, was watching all the videos I could of your car haha

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
geeez man the look on the guys face says it all lol. that...omg this is awesome but am i going to die look :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online