Tubular K-member?

Lebedin8654

Reaction score
I am thinking of doing a Tubular k-member while my car is down. Can i just do the k-member and keep all my other suspension stock for right now? Than once i get my motor in good i will start on the other suspension. If i can does anyone have any good links or recommend any to point me in the right direction? thanks!!!

97 king cobra

Reaction score
I reccomend the upr chromoly kit with bumpsteer and caster camber plates. Should lose 70+ lbs off the front of the car.

OP
OP
L

Lebedin8654

Reaction score
Are yall still running the stock control arms? I am wanting to just do the k-member now than do the rest later

ReplicaR

Reaction score
stock control arms will not work on aftermarket tubular k-member. You will have to purchase tubular control arms, and consiquentially coilover setup with caster camber plates. There are tubular control arms which take stock springs, but I'm not a big fan.

BigTang

Reaction score
not always the case, replica. you can buy the k-members in several configurations, w/ or w/o spring perches and for stock or aftermarket arms. you just have to check w/ the manufacturer before you buy. QA1 k members work w/ stock arms. AJE k's can be had w/o perches for weight savings or w/ perches and you can run the stock arms(had this set up on a 2000) and you can buy the matching arms w/o spring pockets to run coil overs.(be very careful w/ the AJE A arms, they are not for the daily driver and will show you why not after a few big pot holes.

I'm shopping K members for a possible swap project right now so I've been reading everything i can get my hands on.

OP
OP
L

Lebedin8654

Reaction score
Okay thanks if you find a good deal for something like i am looking for please post up a link so i can check it out...Thanks

ReplicaR

Reaction score
I really only looked at K-members made by Griggs, Maximum Motorsports, and Agent 47. To me the biggest advantage of running one of those would be to have better geometry (higher suspension mounting points, so the roll center could be above ground), rather than weight savings. Those don't accept stock control arms. I was unaware that QA1 K accepts stock stuff, or there is an option to do so, but it's good to know.

BigTang

Reaction score
I was pretty sure you were looking at the heavy duty stuff. The other companies that make these really should come right out and make it clear that their product is for drag racing or light street duty. I could just imagine some of these would fold up on a road race car w/ sticky suspension.

for reference and some good pics of a k member install:
http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/t29058/
http://www.westsidemustang.com/K_member.htm

blackpony

Reaction score
about the only companys that will work with stock arms is qa1 and aje.... i have a qa1 right now but plan to sell it in favor of a granatelli kit... will give better geometry as i plan to do corners...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TylerGT

Members online