Tuning options!

SN90FiveOh

Reaction score
My car will be close to 13:1 compression and I need to know who can tune it on 93 octane. I called JMS Chip in Mississippi and they told me if they tuned it on 93 they'd take all the timing out. The will not write an aggressive tune for it. I eventually want 2 tunes the second for 109 or 115 octane fuel, but for now I'd like a good 93 tune that the car will still run good on. I'm willing to travel to a certain extent. I live in southeast Louisiana.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

PM-Performance

Reaction score
I dont think any respectable is going to put any timing into it for normal pump gas. Just too much to risk. Now what you can do is cheaply add methanol injection which is much cheaper than running race gas and will allow the timing to be able to be put into it. Not sure how you would want to setup on an NA setup, but for boosted setups you can adjust spray patterns and amount at PSI levels.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yah 13:1 is pretty aggressive for the designs of these engines...especially on pump gas.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Nope, its still there. He just took a break for a minute. I am actually working on his engine harness for him.

Also, just for the record.....his little 2v ran great with 13:1 on 93 octane pump gas. It still had ALL the timing from the previous 10:1 compression tune. He had zero detonation and the car moved out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online