Turbo Kits for 4.6 2v???

98GTnSC

Reaction score
thinking about going with a F/I setup. i kno that if i go supercharged im going Kenne Belle. but just wondering about some of the best turbo kits out there for our cars. what are some of the best kits out there and how what are the sites for these kits. kinda wanting 2 go with a single turbo due 2 less piping and all and just a little bigger turbo. looking 4 about 500 whp. if ne1 has ne good info id appreciate it

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
do you have any motor work done already? I would never push 500rwhp through stock internals, none the less tranny work also.

OP
OP

98GTnSC

Reaction score
no. just wanting 2 get an idea on what im looking @ $ wise and what other parts i should have 2 b ready 4 it. i kno forging everything will b done. jw what sum GOOD kits wud b? then ill look n2 them and see wut best will fit me

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
wow...well a good kit would be hellion...but it will cost you like 7k haha

on3 performance has a kit but seems like a lot of fab work for it to actually work

OP
OP

98GTnSC

Reaction score
yeh ive looked @ hellion and HP but i cant find a GOOD single turbokit and thats wut im wanting. just seems hard 2 find ne on here

blown98gt

Reaction score
from what i've seen/heard on3performance might have a kit decent to buying.. you can always pick up a sts kit or fab your own sts type kit pretty cheap. some of these sites/people sell the hotside piping and if you are ok with a little bit of fab in cold piping then it's worth it to do it yourself.
i say cheapest kit to buy at the time is on3performance kit.. cheapest and easiest turbo kit to build yourself is sts (rear mount turbo setup)

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
the on3 kit would be good if you can fab.

look at BG custom turbo, theyve got a good single kit but you will need a new k member

blown98gt

Reaction score
i think that the on3 kit doesn't need fab or if it does it's just a little bit. comes with k-mem and all

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/On-3-Performance-Mustang-GT-2v-96-04-Single-Turbo-Kit_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem1e57d4c3d8QQitemZ130322580440QQptZRaceQ5fCarQ5fParts

base price $1,725

-K-member kit Granatelli kit $650 or QA1 Pro-active Kit $1089
Both include k-member, Tubular A-arms, and Coil-over kit. The QA1 also includes QA1 billet coilover fully adjustable strut and Caster/Camber plates
-70mm Master power Turbo is $289

assuming you have injectors and turner and all it's a great kit. +289 for the T70 and + 650 for the kmember.

so you have a turbo setup for approx $2,664.. of course i'd upgrade the bov and wastegate so maybe around 3k you've got a good kit

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
I'm not sure what to say.... but I do know that I would probably be more willing to help you if you were actually able to spell correctly....

atrainsgt

Reaction score
my96gtstang said:
I'm not sure what to say.... but I do know that I would probably be more willing to help you if you were actually able to spell correctly....

Seriously it sounds like he is trying to sound gangster or something. Anyway, for the price I would suggest fabricating your own kit.

OP
OP

98GTnSC

Reaction score
wtf??? gangster?no not @ all. just fast to type without spelling out everything. i kno there are people who arent used to seeing what i guess would be called "chat" typing but if you can't read what i'm saying or want to make a big deal out of me trying to find a little help on a subject then skip the post and find somewhere else to correct people's grammar other than a mustang forum. I know what i'm typing isn't gonna earn an A in english101. That's why I'm in here. NOT n class. hope sum of you can halfway read this reply. and thanx justin and the other guys for the help so far

blown98gt

Reaction score
i saw a nice hellion kit single turbo (FULL KIT) on ebay a few days ago going cheap but i'm pretty sure that it's not on there anymore. on3 kits and b&g are more kits for people who know about cars and already have supporting mods in play. Such as, fuel system, MAF, suspension.. and the only thing they are looking for is just a power adder to add to the mix. A lot of the kits don't include fuel pump, injectors maf, and so on they cost extra to add.. also i agree with the first post, although i wouldn't go over 400-450 hp with a good tune

OP
OP

98GTnSC

Reaction score
well i was actually coming bak n here 2 ask u F/I guys if u had heard nething about this kit? ive just looked on there website @ the kit and watched there youtube videos. might go with sumthing lik this. looks like a descent kit 2 get sum good power and fun out of w/o breaking the bank TOO bad. what u guys think?

OP
OP

98GTnSC

Reaction score
ne1 got ne info for the on3 performance turbo kit? ive seen there website and youtube videos. just wondering if any1 has heard nething good/bad about the kit? thanx

dafizuck

Reaction score
I think if you have to scramble to afford a kit like this... you wont be able to maintain it or fix parts as they break. Im not your financial advisor though... just making a suggestion.

blown98gt

Reaction score
i agree with dafizuck on this, turbo kits seems to break a lot of stuff and cause a lot of issues, i know that some people run kits with no issues whatsoever, but if you are going to get a kit you might as well get one that is going to be worth spending the money on and that will cause the least amount of issues in the end.

if you can't do that i'd say go with a supercharger vs turbo, you might have have these huge hp number but your power will be solid and you can be 100% sure everytime you hit that pedal you are getting instant power (or instant breakage of something lol)

OP
OP

98GTnSC

Reaction score
yeh. thats part of the reason i was gonna go with the turbo. as long as i stay outta boost gas wont b hurt 2 bad.(not concerned about mileage until im getting ~12mpg) and i can avoid getting on it and throwing sumthing threw the hood or floorboard. whick im panning on forging the engine. prolly get a new block and also beef up the rearend and trans

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fl510

Members online