two weeks...

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Three fuckers sent me an email today saying that they have someone coming in next week to service their machine. Well goody fer me! They also thought of a solution where they could cut parts of the shifter mechanism off that they buy and then make the plate for to fit. It will not be pretty but it should work they say... The machine shop has the shifter plate ready and I hope the spacer kit arrives tomorrow or thurs to where I can tell them to shove it, and where to shove it. I was about to respond telling them that I would prefer that they not literally cut corners now to make up for their 6 weeks of incompetence when I realized that I didn't owe them the respect of a fast, or really any reply. I am just going to leave it go and with any luck I will have it in place this week and if so then sometime late next week I will reply to them the way I have been dreaming of.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I got the front and rear shifter plates back from the machine shop where I had the bolt holes that hit modified so that I can use a recessed flat head bolt that does not stick up. Hopefully the spacers come in tomorrow as I have the wheels off and ready to slap them in. Then it sucks that I will have to wait over the holiday weekend to finally get the driveshaft shortened before I can go for a drive.
zUceBCs.jpg

castine917

Reaction score
When I had that issue I called Stiflers, sent them my crossmember, they readjusted it to give me the clearance I needed. I did end up breaking the welds couple years later but a local shop rewelded it for me.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
When I had that issue I called Stiflers, sent them my crossmember, they readjusted it to give me the clearance I needed. I did end up breaking the welds couple years later but a local shop rewelded it for me.
That is the first I have heard of that option. I did check ensure I had the right brace and I did. Did it lead to vibration issues from being at the wrong angle?

Fedex is KILLIN me. It was only going 800 miles from PA to IN so I didn't think there would be any problem getting it by the weekend. It went right past my house and continued south west and now currently tracking shows that it left mississipi friday night and has not been seen since...

castine917

Reaction score
That is the first I have heard of that option. I did check ensure I had the right brace and I did. Did it lead to vibration issues from being at the wrong angle?

Fedex is KILLIN me. It was only going 800 miles from PA to IN so I didn't think there would be any problem getting it by the weekend. It went right past my house and continued south west and now currently tracking shows that it left mississipi friday night and has not been seen since...
It made my angles better.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online