OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Re: Mustang Suspension understanding and upgrades

Great info R3dn3ck - everyone should read this :)

HuskerGT

Reaction score

Thanks for taking the time to post that.

Bluextc

Reaction score

When I posted below I somehow didn't notice the sticky. Very helpful, thank you.

realitygt

Legend
Reaction score
Re: READ*READ**Mustang Suspension understanding and upgrades R E A D

Great write up! The only problem is i can't find it this suspension thread very well

topless95

Reaction score

Great stuff :thumb:

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score

spanks, i just been edumacated sir :dancing6:

GaryG

Reaction score

very nice information guys, that right there helps me out alot

HuskerGT

Reaction score

Great tip on the fox body shocks & struts for us lowered '94-'04 SN95 guys.

With the help of this write-up, and since my ride is a DD in nice weather, I'm going to go the Stage 1 route with fox body Tokico HPs and a new set of lowering springs. I already have my MM 4-bolt adjustable caster/camber plates sitting in my garage and ready for installation when the GD weather warms up.

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

I recently got the sport box bushing kit from MM for my IRS going into the 67... :thumb:

dczsvt

Reaction score
Re: *READ*Mustang Suspension understanding and upgrades R E A D

OK, so im wanting to lower my '95 Cobra. I like the look of the sport-line kit from eibach but I don't know a thing about suspension really, people have tried telling me about it and it goes in one ear and out the other lol. I'm getting new FR500 wheels and I wanna give it a more aggressive stance instead of it looking like a monster truck. What is the full list of parts that I need to lower my Cobra the right way?

aarons_4six

Reaction score

ive got a 96gt with a saleen body kit, saleen 18"s and a set of eibach springs. unsure of sportline or pro kit, the fox struts lift the car a 1/2"? i dont understand what bump travel is. ill eventually swap the suspension for a k member upfront or should i just wait n save a little more n buy it from the get go? anyone have any gripes with the upr kits? they seem the most affordable

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

bump travel is where your steering rod is not paralell to your lower control arm.
when you go through a bump and the wheel travels up/down, the steering arm will pull the bottom of your wheel in and out.
so when you go through a bump - it pulls the steering.

If your going to go all out on the suspension, perhaps a box kit would suit you. saves money over piecing it together, but you do have to pay up front. I recommend good struts to go with whatever combo you get.

r3dn3ck

Reaction score

aaron's: call up maximum motorsports. They'll give you what you need and not what you don't.

Depaja

Reaction score
First, thanks for the thread! I like the stages explanation by r3dn3ck. I'm looking for more a stage one set-up. One that will lower my '98 GT a bit and help it handle better than stock, but be fine for a daily driver as far as ride quality goes. I'm just going to stick with my 17x8 wheels and was looking to add: Steeda Sport springs (pn# 5558200), Koni STR.T Street Shocks and Struts and the Maximum Motorsports caster / camber plates (pn# MMCC9994). My question is, would these parts work together to help me with my goal? Thanks!

Depaja

Reaction score
I just when ahead and got the M-5400-A "Bullitt Handling Package". I found a deal on it ($469) it's all installed and I drove around a bunch today to check it out. The car does not ride as harsh as it did stock, but that might have been because of the stock struts and shocks that might have been worn out. The car handles a bunch better, does not feel sloppy on off ramps now. I'm very happy with this set-up on my '98 GT. I was looking for something that did mild lowering of my car and made it handle better than stock and this kit did just that. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
cleaned up and updated post number one.

Also would like to add that my torque arm is one of my favorite mods I've done to my car.
the car is so stable and driveable. even under full boost, and or breaking loose the tires, she stays straight and is easily controlled. not to mention a ton of fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online