Updated Turbo Stang pics...

OP
OP
forcefedhatch

forcefedhatch

Reaction score
It should be ok, a lot of guys run e85 with no intercooler so with the water meth engaging at 4 psi with no boost loss due to intercooler core.. Should suffice pretty well.. Also my engine temp will be dramatically cooler since I'll have adequate flow to in without the intercooler as an obstruction.. Also after a few passes at 10 psi then intercooler was completely heat soaked by then anyway.. If this doesn't work I'll plumb in a small air to water+ water meth..

Sent from my iPhone

twovalveterror

Reaction score
for others that may not be as adept as you and I, explain that like I'm 12. lol.

I'm very new to water/meth. very curious as well.

edit: oops, didn't see that a new page started....

I like that idea, sounds solid. I can't wait to see it make a pass!

I'd still like an explanation of the m15, and so on.

OP
OP
forcefedhatch

forcefedhatch

Reaction score
Water cools the cylinder under ignition, the meth mix cools the air charge(intake air temps).. 50% water and 50% methanol best of both worlds. With the charge and cylinder cooling effects it is equivalent to running up to 116 octane race gas but for the price of pennies extra on the gallon on top of 93 octane.. ( cooler denser charge with a water vapor to create steam to dissipate cylinder explosion heat better= much more near free horsepower, and the extra play room with timing curves) you can run more aggressive timing or give yourself that extra leeway to prevent detonation.

Sent from my iPhone

OP
OP
forcefedhatch

forcefedhatch

Reaction score
M 15 just the nozzle size maximum of 15gph @100 psi.. Then I'll run a super small like a 350/cc meth shot in the compressor to raise the turbos efficiency range and cool the charge as it heats while compressing the air(creating boost creates a lot of heat not the turbo itself )..

Sent from my iPhone

OP
OP
forcefedhatch

forcefedhatch

Reaction score
Thanks josh.. I'll be putting the front clip back on this weekend.. It'll be whole again, awaiting a hood of course lol.

Sent from my iPhone

96TANGERINEGT

Reaction score
Ah. U put the intake back on the right way that was so unique . Hahaha. Jp can't wait to see what this badass machine makes ... nice build man

OP
OP
forcefedhatch

forcefedhatch

Reaction score
Yeah the intake had to go back lol sorry guy!!..

And yeah that's a good idea mang.. May have to do that lol.hmmmm

Sent from my iPhone

OP
OP
forcefedhatch

forcefedhatch

Reaction score
Ok putting the clip back on and the new piping stuff.. Should work out great!!
6ceb804c-7ef5-e1a7.jpg
6ceb804c-7f1f-2178.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

OP
OP
forcefedhatch

forcefedhatch

Reaction score
Oh it's a very tight fit.. Lost all of the sheet metal from the core support to the strut tower lol.. Welded support rods for the hood mounts lol.. But I'll be converting this to an outlaw 10.5 car next year or so anyway so it'll be a tubular front clip from the strut towers forward .. Just mounting tabs for the fiberglass 1 piece front clip.. Then it's a 408 with a set of twin 76mms where the pony is supposed to sit..

Here's the next step..
6ceb804c-86ff-8eb1.jpg

6ceb804c-870b-01dc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

OP
OP
forcefedhatch

forcefedhatch

Reaction score
Ty sir.. We have a lot of local 10.5 guys here so I have plenty of support and knowledge base if needed if I didn't .. Then I'd be screwed lol..

Sent from my iPhone

OP
OP
forcefedhatch

forcefedhatch

Reaction score
475-500 stock bottom end, and 10.50's
For now..

Sent from my iPhone

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads