Used blowers?

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
justinschmidt1 said:
My car felt quite a bit faster with no back seat, and no sub woofers. Running on street tires it is usually worthless becuase it makes the ass end so light.

it probably felt alot faster with the throttle body and plenum too. :blah2:

No, those were pretty much worthless, hell I didnt even feel like it was faster with the pi intake.

I dont know about you guys but I can feel my car is faster with just me in it vs having a passenger. 200 pounds makes a big differance.

I gained 4mph at the track with the weight reduction and o/r h pipe added to my setup. I really dont think the o/r pipe did that much.

DFG..your just gay :idiot2:

You make a post about how your npi went from 14.7 to 13.7 with weight reduction and some drag radials yet its blah blah blah when I say my car is faster when I removed a bunch of weight from it.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Like I said, I'm not spending an hour or two under the car, and crawling around in the car, to bolt and unbolt some seats to get .3 in the 1/4 mile. I don't care enough about et in my street car to do it. I think most people are with me there.

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
J.R. said:
Like I said, I'm not spending an hour or two under the car, and crawling around in the car, to bolt and unbolt some seats to get .3 in the 1/4 mile. I don't care enough about et in my street car to do it. I think most people are with me there.

If I take my seats out, it will be because I have racing seats to go in there. The stockers won't be going back in either.

nesqwick_05

Reaction score
J.R. said:

+1 and most of us are in street cars when we are running 13-14s am i right?

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
even 12s I would consider street car.

Once you start hitting 11s, 10s,9s, thats when your car becomes a drag car

voidfinger

Reaction score
Well my dad's fox runs in the low 11's and it has a full interior, ... I'm with you guys on it, I don't want to sacrifice my creature conforts for a little better et... If i wanted a shell i would buy a honda and pull everything out to make it fast... but i drive a mustang and I like having back seats and comfy leather seats with power. But the truck stuff is pretty much useless unless you want it for the sound reduction. :thumb:

nesqwick_05

Reaction score
i was just saying, we have no reason to be removing seats when we arnt going that fast as it is. i can see a bracket racer doing it, but not many of us even do that. hell half of the guys on this forum are too afraid to even install a damn intake mani....

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
nes said:
i was just saying, we have no reason to be removing seats when we arnt going that fast as it is. i can see a bracket racer doing it, but not many of us even do that. hell half of the guys on this forum are too afraid to even install a damn intake mani....
[/quote

:rollinglaugh:

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
that is true...its not like our cars are fast...I mean 12s isnt even fast these days..

damn ls1 guys run 11s with like a cam haha

low9sGT hahajk

Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
that is true...its not like our cars are fast...I mean 12s isnt even fast these days..

My next car will either have a 4v 4.6 or LS. ..Period.

nesqwick_05

Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:

fastest bolt on ls1 powered fbody car went 10.80 weighing just over 2850. and lt1 cars have gone 11s with just boltons... ofcourse they consider Roller Rockers boltons...

but now do u see y they laugh at mustang guys :(

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
nes said:
justinschmidt1 said:

fastest bolt on ls1 powered fbody car went 10.80 weighing just over 2850. and lt1 cars have gone 11s with just boltons... ofcourse they consider Roller Rockers boltons...

if you dont do much else but bolt on some exhaust, do some fairly easing modding to a car and its "fast", i don't really think you deserve to call down on a car that requires more. To be honest, a 12 second mustang is more impressive then a 12 second f-bod, because a half witt could have a 12 second f-bod nowadays

low9sGT hahajk

Reaction score
V said:
nes said:
justinschmidt1 said:

if you dont do much else but bolt on some exhaust, do some fairly easing modding to a car and its "fast", i don't really think you deserve to call down on a car that requires more. To be honest, a 12 second mustang is more impressive then a 12 second f-bod, because a half witt could have a 12 second f-bod nowadays
By that mentality, the guy's who turn 17 second civics into 12 second weedeaters must be legendary.

nesqwick_05

Reaction score
low9sGT hahajk said:
V said:
nes said:
justinschmidt1 said:

By that mentality, the guy's who turn 17 second civics into 12 second weedeaters must be legendary.

exactly, so that arguement is worthless. i do understand what you mean, but its not logical, ive always respected all the cars, fbodys, mustangs, dsms, but u gotta admit, GM did something very smart when they put the motor they did in the fbodies. and in all honesty, i havent seen one 96-04 gt run 12s EVER in real life.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
uh..do you go to the track?

I see tons of stangs going 12s...any 96-04 stang with a blower goes 12s, some go 11s.

usually they go 13s while he ls1 guys are goin deep 13s, 12s, some even touch 11s.

There is bolt on high 12 second gts out there., they just run slicks, crazy gears, and weigh like 3000 pounds.

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
1/8th mile is closest track we have here. My goal is low 7's in the 1/8th on motor and low 6's on nitrous. I think it is very doable.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
I dont know about you guys but I can feel my car is faster with just me in it vs having a passenger. 200 pounds makes a big differance.

I gained 4mph at the track with the weight reduction and o/r h pipe added to my setup. I really dont think the o/r pipe did that much.

You make a post about how your npi went from 14.7 to 13.7 with weight reduction and some drag radials yet its blah blah blah when I say my car is faster when I removed a bunch of weight from it.

and this is why i hope no one would take advice from you, you don't take things like better weather, track prep, a better driver or anything into consideration..if you knew anything, you would know that dropping your 60' by half a second, which i did, translates into the big gain in ET that i had. Sorry if i like to go to the track and get the best ET i can. enjoy being slow and having to "adjust" your to get your "best" ETs...

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
justinschmidt1 said:

and this is why i hope no one would take advice from you, you don't take things like better weather, track prep, a better driver or anything into consideration..if you knew anything, you would know that dropping your 60' by half a second, which i did, translates into the big gain in ET that i had. Sorry if i like to go to the track and get the best ET i can. enjoy being slow and having to "adjust" your to get your "best" ETs...

Yea, your right...im so stupid..why would I ever take into consideration any of those variables? especially the weather? Weather has nothing to do with how fast a car is. :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2:

Man your a huge doushe.

Ive even made threads about how much the weather affects 1/4 mile times.

What wasnt I taking those into consideration for anyway? I said you had drag radails and cut a real good 60 time in this thread, is that not taking driver skill into consideration?
Odviously the track must have been prepped pretty good for you to cut .5 off your 60 foot.
I dont even see what your point is here? What point are you trying to make?

BTW: I took the weight out of my car in the same weather,same day, and drove it on the street and it felt like it would get up and go faster.
Im so slow, your quicker, not faster. Get it? you trapped 96-97, I trap 102. Therefore im faster, your quicker.

Its not really that big of a deal. If I wanted my car to be such an amazing 13 second car I could go buy some drag radials and cut a good 60 and run solid 13s.

I dont have to adjust anything. My best it is a 14.1 at 102, with a 2.25 60 foot, you know as well as I do that that trap with even a 2.0 60 foot should put me solidly into the 13s. Again, its not a big deal for me to run 13.6- 13.7 whatever I would run with some decent tires.
13s is not fast. SO we can both enjoy our slow cars. :thumb:

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
and if you new anything about drag racing you would know that the lower the 60' the lower the trap speed is going to be. so if you ever get serious about racing and buy some real tires, you won't trap 102.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
and if you new anything about drag racing you would know that the lower the 60' the lower the trap speed is going to be. so if you ever get serious about racing and buy some real tires, you won't trap 102.

Yes, I realize that. But how much couple mph? Probably not more than 2-4 mph

Im not really serious about drag racing. That is why I dont want to spend a large amount of money on sticky tires.

I might be more serious if I wasnt stuck with this damn auto :wall:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online