Used blowers?

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
I might be more serious if I wasnt stuck with this damn auto :wall:

That doesn't make sense. You will get more consistent times at the track with an auto. The 4R70W can handle a pretty good amount of abuse stock. Why would having a 5 speed make you be more serious about racing?

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
jfor441 said:
justinschmidt1 said:

That doesn't make sense. You will get more consistent times at the track with an auto. The 4R70W can handle a pretty good amount of abuse stock. Why would having a 5 speed make you be more serious about racing?

Becuase It would be a lot more fun for me driving stick and I would actually be able to launch, get a good 60 time.

Sure its consistent but 5 speeds more fun.

I would like to do some bracket racing.

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
jfor441 said:
justinschmidt1 said:

Becuase It would be a lot more fun for me driving stick and I would actually be able to launch, get a good 60 time.

Sure its consistent but 5 speeds more fun.

I would like to do some bracket racing.
Bracket racing racing is ALL about consistency. I understand about the fun part. I am actually gonna be changing to automatic for better performance at the track.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
I just think that if my car was stick it would be faster and I would just like the car a lot more.

voidfinger

Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
I just think that if my car was stick it would be faster and I would just like the car a lot more.

Well let me shoot you some old guy wisdom lol. Put a 3200-3600 stall in your car with a j mod and cooler and watch how your times out do 5 speeds... now also, you will be able to launch the car just like a 5 speed.

Problem solved. Stalls are worth their weight in gold on our little motor cars.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
voidfinger said:
justinschmidt1 said:

Well let me shoot you some old guy wisdom lol. Put a 3200-3600 stall in your car with a j mod and cooler and watch how your times out do 5 speeds... now also, you will be able to launch the car just like a 5 speed.

ive heard...but theyre too much money for me to do it.

voidfinger

Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
voidfinger said:
justinschmidt1 said:

So is around 500 to much? Check my torque converter thread out... that mark8snake or something is coming out with a billet unit that can stall up to 3500 rpm's for around 550 bucks

Now if you ask me... its well worth it, From talking to other people with autos that have went with a stall they say that the only thing that comes close for the money is some nitros but the stall is always there. Furthermore since our cars have lock up style converters the higher stall won't hurt out highway mpg, but it will touch the city mph untill the car locks up the converter ya know. I think its a good investment.

If i was you dude, i would go with the stall and j mod with a cooler... and then get about a 100/125 dry shot if your fuel mods are there or a wet shot.

Just my .02

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
voidfinger said:
justinschmidt1 said:

Cheaper then a 5 sp swap....and these 5sps don't hold up to alot of abuse. I know guys who have broken several with under 300rwhp while my 4R70W is still kickin after 12 years.

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
justinschmidt1 said:
voidfinger said:
justinschmidt1 said:

Cheaper then a 5 sp swap....and these 5sps don't hold up to alot of abuse. I know guys who have broken several with under 300rwhp while my 4R70W is still kickin after 12 years.

That's the big reason I am swapping to a 4R70W.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
I broke three T45's, in half, lol... Funny conversation peice, but it really put the hurt on my wallet when I needed a new case everytime. People don't like converter's because they don't wanna drop the trans, and some people have the whole Five speeds rule mentality, even though a look at NMCA would show the edge going to autos.

Reaction score
I think 5 speed is better for a more all around car, and to have more control over the car. Autos definitly do better in drag racing though, perfect shifts, every time.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
well I guess 550 is not bad for a quality stall. Ive heard a cheap stall wont act normal under light throttle like it should.

Ive never been in a stalled car...so I dont know the diferance.

voidfinger

Reaction score
well, i've heard people gaining up to like .5 - 1 second off their et's... thats a world of a difference. It's always a good idea to also get a tune along with the mods... and a converter is helped out by a tune also, but is not required ya know... but after you get threw with everything then get it tuned :thumb:

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
voidfinger said:
well, i've heard people gaining up to like .5 - 1 second off their et's... thats a world of a difference. It's always a good idea to also get a tune along with the mods... and a converter is helped out by a tune also, but is not required ya know... but after you get threw with everything then get it tuned :thumb:

Plus it would be nice to be able drink a coke while your driving down the track LMAO Can't do that with a 5 speed! :hammer:

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
the reason why people break their T-45's even having less than 300rwhp is because they miss and grind gears all day long so they end up breaking a shift fork...if it just couldn't handle the power it would break from launching out the hole@6000rpm not the 1-2 or 2-3 shift like most people do....

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
voidfinger said:

yea, well that is definately reasonable.

Stall with some tires would take my 2.25 into the 1.x if it took it to 1.7 I would imagine I would take almost a full second off the e.t

.55 off the 60 = 1 second off the et.

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
Stall'd and geared makes a world of difference. You don't need that much stall, my race car only has a 3000 in it. It's on the small size phsyically but it helps out the hole better. 5 speed swap isn't as difficult or involved as i had once thought, so i'm going because drivability is better in a 5 speed car with cams, then a stall'd up mofo chopping automatic.

voidfinger

Reaction score
the SOTP feel from a stalled geared auto car is well worth the "chop" as you say lol.

what 3k stall you got?

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
voidfinger said:
the SOTP feel from a stalled geared auto car is well worth the "chop" as you say lol.

what 3k stall you got?

well the race car has a 351w w/ a c6 behind it, so we used a Boss 302 stock stall, which was 3000. Was cheap enough and was a factory one. Our drivetrain guy recommended it with the gear we currently have. The motor's a hoss down low, and doesn't require much stall.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online