V6 Oil dipstick tube...HELP!

sixstanger00

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just got through installing a set of BBK shorties on my friend's 2003 V6, and I had to remove the oil dipstick tube to install them. Now I can't the tube to go back in. Any pointers? Tricks? Hints! Ready to get this guy's car out of my garage so I can get $$$! lol

clark98gt

Reaction score
Lube is your friend and maybe GENTLY tapping it in. I stress the word gently. You may also need a little rtv to make sure it is sealed up then.

SVTstang96

Reaction score
I had to replace one on my 95 V6, the previous owner snapped it off. What I did was find a wrench that slides over the tube but catches on the edge near the bottom and i used a hammer and hit on the wrench, this way you can hit it with a hammer and not worry about bending or snapping the tube. Hope that helps you.

OP
OP
sixstanger00

sixstanger00

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

The problem right now is I can't get the tube aligned to the hole by myself (hehehe...):p

Got a friend that's gonna help with it this evening.

Didn't have to remove the tube when I installed my MAC longtubes on mine, but apparently BBK thought it'd be a good idea to make the primaries-to-heads flanges all one piece, instead of separating them into three flanges like the stock manifolds.

OP
OP
sixstanger00

sixstanger00

Reaction score
My Honda buddy stopped by yesterday afternoon and the two of us fought it for about two hours but got it in.

For future reference, we got the tube as close to the hole in the block as we could, then guestimated how far the tube needed to be moved in order to line up with the hole.

After that we bent the end of it ever so slightly, so that it would line up.

Once it was lined up, we just tapped the top of it with a rubber mallet and it went right on it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online