Vacuum gauge Reading low

xs man 27

Reaction score
hey guys i recently installed two gauges ( vacuum being one ) using the sticky on this website that paul wrote up and I have a question about the vacuum gauge install.. I am getting a reading of below 10 more around 8 or so on my gauge.. I know I can use many vacuum lines I just used the one in the sticky and the one that the previous owner had already messed with and I am not sure if that's whats giving me a low reading.. I included pics to show what the previous owner had and second pic is how I rigged it up .. first pic previous owner had the vacuum line connecting to a 3 inch piece of tubing to a barrel connecting to the right side ,,

. however on the right side of the T fitting the black nipple is loose on that right end doesn't fit so snug. and the left side I took out what previous had hooked up and installed the vacuum line to the black nipple to the fitting and it fits perfect.. on the right side though the black nipple was on there from when I bought the car and I am not sure if I can cut that black nipple on the right off and use the same nipple I used on the left now on the right for a snug fit ? sorry if that sounds confusing i did include pics to show you guys what previous owner had n if i can delete it or not ? thanks again for all help

PIC HOW PREVIOUS OWNWER HAD

PIC OF MINE

RichV

Reaction score
The vac reading will not vary based on location. I've always tapped off the vac tree.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
I always go straight off the manifold.. should not make a difference tho. The only time I had a low vac reading was before I tune the car.. depends on the cam also.. aggressive cams will have lower vac readings..

Addermk2

Reaction score
That line is for your HVAC, you shouldn't be pulling reference from there.

OP
OP
X

xs man 27

Reaction score
thanks for all replys does anyone have a pic of where i should run the line to ? i can take out the t fitting and install connector and install it the way it was before in the first pic. and than i just gotta find a spot i can tap this line into and get a better reading.. thanks agian

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
I ran mine from under the intake on a vac fitting. I don't have that intake anymore.. but most intakes have multiple fittings..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online