Vacuum solenoid purge valve

apsmith49921

Reaction score
Ok so I found a cracked plastic vacuum line coming off this piece. It's a vaccum solenoid purge valve. It's associated with either the Seconadry air injector or the egr system. My car has neither of these. I however left it installed because I didn't know what it was. Any idea if I can just cap a few more lines instead of hunting down a plastic replacement.

Attachments

• 61j3JkjgiYL.jpg
    61j3JkjgiYL.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 3

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
I would keep it in the car. Without it, fuel vapors stay locked up in the charcoal canister and the vapor release lines from the tank. You might be smelling gas inside the car from time to time. And if it's garaged, the whole room will smell like gas too.

OP
OP
apsmith49921

apsmith49921

Reaction score
Ok thank you I appreciate it. I guess I'll find the vacuum line and just replace it

maillemaker

Reaction score
That solenoid is not for the evap canister. The solenoid for the evap canister is cylindrical, with the electrical connector on one and and an input/output vacuum fitting on the other end. You can find it near the passenger side hood hinge.

The solenoid you have a picture of is either the AIR diverter or bypass solenoid, or the EGR solenoid.

They are mounted on a bracket, along with a vacuum reservoir, under the passenger fender.

If you no longer have the AIR system or the EGR system, then you'll need to make sure that the vacuum lines are plugged off so that you don't have a vacuum leak.

IMG_7708.JPG

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.