Vertical scratches on side windows (new windows?)

mattmathis

Reaction score
My 94 GT has vertical scratching on the front side windows. I assume it's from some felt something coming off inside the door. Anyone else have this problem? I'm having the car painted next week so I'm gonna get them to check inside the door. I'm just curious if I'm the only one with this problem. I've tried 0000 steel wool, rubbing compound etc with no luck. So I guess I'm gonna have to get new windows. Any particular place to buy them that's better than the other? I can't seem to find any. I hope you can still get new ones.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I noticed it was starting to scratch my tint. just took the windows out for my door handle project and the felt inside on the guides was pretty thin and looked to need a new piece.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
you might be able to find a clean window at your local salvage yard.
As Scott said. the felts on the window guides are worn out or the window is out of adjustment.

OP
OP
mattmathis

mattmathis

Reaction score
It goes up and down perfectly so I fell like it's the felt. I figured a window at a salvage yard would be as bad or worse though. But it's a thought. I'll call around tomorrow. Can always hope. Lol do you know if they still make them?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
You can probably polish those scratches out if they are not too bad. Just do a search in youtube for glass polishing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online