visual mods. almost done

danielson631

Reaction score
so last night i was out cruising around, and i noticed my high beams didnt work. im assuming its a fuse that im yet to check. but the headlights are also broken so they cannot be adjusted, they mostly point down. i decided to turn around and go home, bc i couldnt see the MASSIVE potholes until they were ten feet infront of the car. i didnt want to risk cracking a rim or getting a flat

let me say this again incase you missed it in the above paragraph, the headlights on there now are broken and cannot be fixed.
i plan on getting a new pair with my tax money. im having a hard time deciding. i like the halo angel eye projector lights, but people think they look 'ricey'. unless they are smoked, then i guess they arent that bad looking. i also like just nice clear lenses and corners. although im not sure how they will look with the black rims. clears look good on black cars with chrome wheels, idk about with black wheels though.

im using this thread as a "what do you guys think" thread bc id like to know the opinions of my fellow stangers.

i was looking in the SN95 arsenal sticky, looking for headlights, but still cant make up my mind.

also, do you guys think i should smoke out the tail lights?? say the headlights were smoked, the tail lights, black car, black tints, and black chrome rims, is that tooo much blackness? or do you think it would look pretty awesome?

as far as headlight and taillight combos, what do you guys think?

i have also been thinking im going to remove the rear window louvers for good. a lot of people dont like the way they look. personally i wouldnt have spent 200$+ on a visual mod like that, they came on the car when i bought it. im just going to remove them and tint the back window. on other forums they dont think it looks good at all. i didnt mind it, but now im starting to dislike them. i dont want people to think when they see my car, " oh nice cobra, nice rims, but those louvers, yuck!"

just for reference, here are some pics. first with the louvers.
4879_1157026733842_1472944567_30411.jpg

now without.
IMG_0588.jpg

and a pic of the headlights on there now. btw this before the spring install. the car looks like it on its tippy toes

IMG_0511.jpg

EastBayStang98

Reaction score
Re: what do you guys think. (visual mods)

i kinda like ur prjectors just dont go with halos, ur car needs to be lowered badly

Rice_slayer

Reaction score

^ Im with him, that is a bigger 4x4 stance than what my car kicks! Not going to line, that is probably the first projector styled light I have liked in our aside from steve's. Change the corner lights and that would look killer!

OP
OP
D

danielson631

Reaction score

i like them too, but they are broken. thats why i need new ones.

i cannot explain how they are broken i will have to try and take pictures, but they cant be fixed anymore. superglue did the trick once before, but it couldnt hold and now they are broken again

and btw, the car is lowered now, if you look at the second pic, you can see, but the third pic is before it was lowered. my SIG pic shows it lowered too, but i have not yet taken any good pictures bc of this shitty weather, and how dirty the car is and how badly it needs to be polished. i left all the iso's in the rear, should have left out the tops or bottoms, cause its still a tad high, but when i get 315's in the rear it will look a lot better then the whimpy looking 285s.

i found this pic of KD97GT's smoked halo projectors, i think it looks pretty good

keith.jpg

US Soldier(stang 98)

Reaction score

looks good but the head lights should be smoked an that thing needs a droop but other than that its clean man

97GT4.6

Reaction score

smoked taillights would look great on your black beauty. I think any headlights smoked would go nicely with it.

Steve-Oh

Legend
Reaction score

I have those same headlights and couldn't stand the look so they had to be modified. They sell those same lights but with black accents instead of being all chrome.

Not the exact one's i'm thinking of, but the same idea only the same headlights you have:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1994-1998-FORD-MUSTANG-PROJECTOR-HEAD-LIGHT-CORNER-95_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5884162b02QQitemZ380173167362QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

And btw you can't have too much darkness!! :afro:

Untame-d

Reaction score

Here's mine for some more ideas. If you like them then go for it.

You don't really need to smoke them with the black ones, I wouldn't mind painting my halos black to see what it would look like.

They aren't too fun to install though.

IMG_0376.jpg

IMG_0386.jpg

adrift

Reaction score

I like the louvers, and I think you shouldn't smoke your headlights or taillights. I don't get the smoked look to be honest.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score

I think the 1pc look horrible, I'd suggest just getting some regular smoked headlights. I don't think you can beat the clean look of them, black beauties are another option. If you must have projectors I'd get a set of the black Depo lights.

As for the louvers, definitely lose them.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

1 piece halos are nasty gross looking

OP
OP
D

danielson631

Reaction score

yeah you guys are right. i was just thinking how i dislike the 1pc look, and rather appreciate the 2 peice.

deff losing the louvers, you'll see a post for them in the classified soon haha. going to tint out the back window instead.

im going to find a set of headlights i like first, and then from there i will decide if i want to smoke out the tailights or not. if i do the tail lights, i deff do NOT want them dark as hell.

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score

OP, keep them 2 piece desing..

ARdoller said:
Untame-d said:
Did you lose a bet or something?

Yeah to each their own, But if my car had those headlights i wouldnt be so proud of them and post pics lol jk

Untame-d

Reaction score

I used to like them but would like the 2 piece projectors someday maybe. I already have all the money I sunk into the one piece pair and the HID's for them. So it probably be awhile before a switch. I don't ever get any bad comments locally.

I won't change them just because a forum wants me to.

greenscobie86

Reaction score

I'd keep the same lights you have if i was you. They look very nice on your car.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

You joke, Halo's on mustangs make my Penis hurt with pain

OP
OP
D

danielson631

Reaction score

steve, i believe i saw a pic of your lights when you disassembled them and you painted them right?? i dont feel like browsing to find it but do i have the same lights as you?

im deff sticking with the two piece.

the problem is, they are broken. idk how or if they can be fixed. a pic would help explain. this piece thats sticking out is broken off at the base where it meets the headlight

assembly.jpg

bracket2.jpg

im going to take them out and paint them for the hell of it and see how they come out and find someway to fix them and if it cant be done, its alright cause they were broken in the first place and ill just buy new ones. still deciding on which ones

ALSO, the high beams are still out, i thought it might be a fuse but i checked them all and they are good. idk what to do now. the switch works and the blue bulb on the dash comes on and off but still no high beams. ....?