Vortech SQ Trim

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Also have you checked out Tad's Rotrex kits on here? I see that he is expecting the kits to be @ $3300 but im not sure if thats for a 100% complete kit. May be for everything but the tune.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
The rotrex kit is minus fuel and a tune. Or it was last time I asked him

voidfinger

Reaction score
wow does the rotex compair to a vortec kit??? just wondering if anyone knows b/c i've been seeing ... will dyno soon but that was like forever and a day ago ya know.

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
Tad said Jeff's car will be getting dyno'd soon. The other car was 5.0 Sn95 and he has not had a chance to get to a dyno yet. If you go to Rotrex website you can see what kind of power folks are making. Also do a google search for Rotrex cars and you will see several Vette's, Camaro's and TA's running he same Rotrex system Tad i putting on Jeffs car and they are putting out VERY nice numbers.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
By the compressor map on the head unit, the Rotrex compares to the Kenne Bell more than the Vortech

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yeah it should get into boost right off idle and stay there. Wouldn't be very efficient at higher numbers or RPM's, but a great looking street blower.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It supposed to be the best of both worlds, boost down low with plenty up top....kinda like a big/little twin turbo seup but we will see soon enough.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
At stock boost levels (going off the compressor map I found for it) it will carry the boost through the RPM range no problem. I just mean it won't be able to push 20 psi or anything.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
You'll be happy with the kit you settled on, Tad doesn't offer a complete all in one box solution for you

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Haha either way I'm going with my Velocity kit haha
I work at a bank in their IT/IS department and I'm going downstairs to talk to the bankers about a personal loan tomorrow so I will find out

voidfinger

Reaction score
the rotec sounds sweet but who knows... i've heard a lot of hype and haven't seen any #'s... they are all sitting waiting to be tuned... maybe in a year or so lol.

Shocker98GT

Reaction score
Another option, though slightly more expensive, would be to go with a Kenne Bell kit. They have NPI kits and have the chip calibration to work with the return style fuel system, NPI heads. You're getting everything you need and the tune is good enough to run on until you want to dyno it, it's really what I'd call a little soft (on the rich side) which is a good thing. It also makes a good chunk more torque down low than a Vortech does, which really I'd aim for with an NPI car regardless because above 4500rpm these cars are wheezers. If I remember right they also have the flexibility to do a PI head swap, I'm pretty sure the lower manifold is similar. if you go forged in the future PI heads and blower cams you can turn the wick up and get around 450rwhp or so out of the 2.1L, with a lot of torque throughout the RPM range.

Shocker98GT

Reaction score
J.R. said:
Kenne Bell discontinued that kit.

Did they? I didn't know that. Didn't figure they would considering the minor difference between that and the 99-04 kit, but I guess they didn't sell many of them...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online