Vortech SQ Trim

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
my96gtstang said:
I think I might just get the MPH Mongoose Kit and just go from there. Comes with everything I will need + a tune/tuner so I can drive it from there. Then I can get it dyno tuned but until then I can still drive it.
Then later I will pick up a set of MPH Blower Cams, but that's REALLY later down the road.

The MPH kit is a good kit, but so is the JMS kit i posted earlier and you get better parts (SCT MAF instead of cheaper Ford LMAF and 60lb'er instead of 42's) for future upgrades. Its also 100% included and cheaper then the Mongoose kit.

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Well the only things I didn't like about the Velocity are:
1. They have 60lb injectors and I only need 42lbs. So I'd end up having to buy 42lbs...
2. Their tune isn't as strong as MPH
3. I'd end having to get the fuel pump and the power pipe which would make the price go way up and then the Mongoose is cheaper

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
my96gtstang said:
Well the only things I didn't like about the Velocity are:
1. They have 60lb injectors and I only need 42lbs. So I'd end up having to buy 42lbs...
2. Their tune isn't as strong as MPH
3. I'd end having to get the fuel pump and the power pipe which would make the price go way up and then the Mongoose is cheaper

60lb are an upgrade not a bad thing and would work just fine in your setup
Their tune is spot on just like MPH
You get a 255 fuel pump instead of a Focus pump with the kit.

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Velocity doesn't come with a pump, you have to ADD it, which makes it MORE expensive than MPH
How do you know they don't?

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
Just an FYI... The guy that owns JMS is a part owner of SCT or was one of the original guys that helped start SCT. I am pretty sure his tunes will be spot on for the kit he is using. You start changing injectors and stuff then the tune won't be spot on. I would venture to say that they have put the kits on a car a dynotuned it to be safe.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
my96gtstang said:
Velocity doesn't come with a pump, you have to ADD it, which makes it MORE expensive than MPH
How do you know they don't?

It comes with a pump, read it again...Focus fuel pump assembly...they only list the 99-04 kit but on the 96-98 you would get a 255lph instead of the Focus pump.

And go back to page 1 of this thread were Blown97Stanger answered and says that he got the MPH kit but it doesn't include a tune....he had to get a dyno tune at a local shop.

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Ok so I just called them.
They custom tune the car to YOUR application
Meaning you call them and tell them what setup you have and they tune the tuner to that spec.
They said the 60lbs are completely safe and fine for daily driving with this kit and will run the same spec as your stock injectors
so i guess i'ma go with them instead haha

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
hahah
so i'm looking at around 5500 for everything i want
suspension, gears, shift kit, s/c kit

it's gunna be sick

voidfinger

Reaction score
so the jms kit for the 96-98... would they swap to a focus pump since i got the bastard 98 with the variable rate pump that is return style unlike the 99 up... and how the hell is that gonna work? if the 99 up use the focus then how am i gonna use the focus if i'm return style??? i'm so tired of the 98 shit.

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
yeah drop top is right, the MPH kit doesnt come with a tune. Tim hasn't had enough sn95 guys up at his shop to build a strong tune from, so he doesnt have a file. Sounds like a good amount of parts there. Only thing i would add to your list is a tranny cooler if you plan on going with a shift kit. Summitt sells B&M ones. I got mine from there for like $50.

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Yeah I forgot that one in the list haha.
I have to get one of those too...

So Velocity Supercharger kit, JMod shift kit, MM Starter Box, MM Subframe connectors, FRPP 3.73 gears, Transcooler

anything else?

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
bearing kit/fluid to install the gear...and if your not doing the install than a TON of money in labor/dyno tuning haha

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Plus the velocity kit is pre-custom tuned for your SPECIFIC applications so all you do is install and program tune and you're done

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online