Vortech SQ Trim

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
trust me man, take it to a dyno. check to make sure your a/f is fine.

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
i'm just going to put the tune on it from the thing and then i will save up for a dyno tune
Unless they are really expensive.... I heard it was like 87 dollars and hour here or something...
My buddy paid 200 bucks for dyno tune on his vortech foxbody

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Hopefully it won't be that bad to get it dyno tuned but they said they are pretuned to your exact setup, i called them already but yeah... i will just roll around on the pretunes then later get a tune

gt96stang

Reaction score
at the very least get that thing on a dyno and roll it to verify the air/fuel is good.. then that way you know the tunes you get are at least safe..

J

joelbegt

blown97stanger said:
trust me man, take it to a dyno. check to make sure your a/f is fine.

X2

if ya can't afford a tune just get a dyno baseline run with the wideband to check and make sure your ok to boost on w/o a lean condition. the jms kit will come with a tuner so you could just bump up the fuel if it leans out to. a baseline run is cheaper and easier than replacing a shortblock.

voidfinger

Reaction score
that is unless the tune is bad enought to cause a lean condition in which case it probably wont make it off the dyno and you'll be paying the shop to clean your motor off their dyno.

voidfinger

Reaction score
nope but time is money and when there is pistons and rods and oil over someones dyno... they aren't gonna waist time for nothing. Wouldn't want them too. But if the car is that lean then there will be problems... just my .02

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
If you have a S/C setup please post the mods you have and the RWHP outcome.

I know stanger will post his i'm sure
I just want to see what setups made what to figure out a few things

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
voidfinger said:
that is unless the tune is bad enought to cause a lean condition in which case it probably wont make it off the dyno and you'll be paying the shop to clean your motor off their dyno.

They really should see the lean spike and cut it short before that happens

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
but the thing is the tunes that come with the Velocity Kit are PRE-CUSTOM Dynoed tuned settings for your SPECIFIC application.
It would be the same thing as going to a shop and getting a dyno tune.....

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Not exactly, but I'm sure it will be ok. however, since I'm sure you want to see how much power it makes afterwards, it's 65 for three pulls without A/F, and 75 for three with, so you may as wel do the pull's and see where it's at.

I like to run an 11.5:1 A/F.

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
You say not really?
Well that's what they told me when I called them
Yes I'm still going to do dyno pulls BUT out the box with their tunes for a bit till I can afford the dyno tunes or get time to do them.
I will still make a good amount off the pre-tunes and if I get an increase of the dyno pulls then that's badass hahaha

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
I just mean that they are "close enough" but rarely are they perfect unless they are like down the street just due to elevation and weather differences. But I would be shocked if it blew up or something.

98saleen88

Reaction score
well i know mustang magic out here in ny is selling a new in box vortech sq for 3200. but would have to pay for shipping...if u are interested please PM me for the number to mustang magic.....

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
J.R. said:
Not exactly, but I'm sure it will be ok. however, since I'm sure you want to see how much power it makes afterwards, it's 65 for three pulls without A/F, and 75 for three with, so you may as wel do the pull's and see where it's at.

I like to run an 11.5:1 A/F.

I agree, the JMS tune will be good as is Tim's tunes from MPH but they are guestimates and at the very least you need to pay the $75 and get the car on a dyno to check and make 100% sure its perfect. You don't have to get a tune to use the dyno...you are just checking your air and fuel ratios at different RPM's and obviously you will see what HP/TQ you are putting down....so set aside $100 to get it on a dyno as soon as you are done your install....its a precaution you should not skip.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online