Wayward Steering Problem

kyle94gt

Reaction score
Once again another question left to be answered haha... since I've had the car (bought in November of 2006) it's had this problem with the steering... it pulls slightly to the passenger side but then will switch and pull to the drivers side then back again.. on again, off again etc etc etc.... I replaced ball joints and was contemplating on it being the tie rod ends but I just want to be sure on this. It's also wavy when I'm braking.. :lame: ... anyways.. thanks guys for any input!

zero_chance

Reaction score
Make sure all the tire pressures are the same. Hows the alignment? Are you on roads with serious road crown? Loose inner or out tie rods could cause this but you usually notice a loud clunking noise under extreme left or right turning. Jack up each wheel under the control arm and wiggle the wheel at the 3 and 9 positions to feel for play in tie rod ends and / or wheel bearings.

ranger50toy

Reaction score
The stock rubber A-arm bushings are shot. I had the same problem, going over train tracks was scary.

OP
OP
K

kyle94gt

Reaction score
ranger50toy said:
The stock rubber A-arm bushings are shot. I had the same problem, going over train tracks was scary.

when the car gets rained on, or i wash it, right afterwards if I drive anywhere with the front passenger side makes like a popping sound when I go over a bump or anything.. would that be pretty much what causes that? I was stuck on the factor of it being either that bushing or the strut making the noise.

ranger50toy

Reaction score
Jack up your car and push the tire end front to back. You will see the arm move at the bushings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online