Weak headlight & no fog lights

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I can see it taking 8 weeks easy. It might take 2 weeks just to get the lights in depending on where they are at and how they ship them and then he only has 6 weeks to make them. I know you have been anxious to get these lights since when the first shop was trying but that wasn't his fault. I am afraid that taking it public is probably what set up the refund plans and I am not sure giving us a play-by-play will help the situation.

badass98svt

Reaction score
Just to be fair, I probably would have cancelled/refunded as well.
I've dealt with pushy/naggy customers before and I did just that. I sent a refund and told them they would be better off taking their business elsewhere, in the nicest way possible.

Now, you post the full conversation online, and you're still hoping he takes your money/order back?
I can't tell if you're serious or not honestly.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I can see it taking 8 weeks easy. It might take 2 weeks just to get the lights in depending on where they are at and how they ship them and then he only has 6 weeks to make them. I know you have been anxious to get these lights since when the first shop was trying but that wasn't his fault. I am afraid that taking it public is probably what set up the refund plans and I am not sure giving us a play-by-play will help the situation.
He refunded before I vented!

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
So it’s ok for him not to reply to my texts? To not even bother with at least an ETA? I guess over $700 in lights and bulbs doesn’t buy you the time of day anymore! My bad!!

Peace, everyone!

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
i usually give a shop ample time to do the stuff they need to do , depending on what is being done
my block from modmax took well over 10 months ,but when Dale Metlika at ModMax explained to me why i was at more ease the parts were hard at the time to get and i was in a line of people waiting parts
shit dose happen

then you get some places that dont care what they sell you
AM was pretty bad i did not want to deal with them hardly at all
its taken 7 years for me to put some trust into that place to order from them

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i usually give a shop ample time to do the stuff they need to do , depending on what is being done
my block from modmax took well over 10 months ,but when Dale Metlika at ModMax explained to me why i was at more ease the parts were hard at the time to get and i was in a line of people waiting parts
shit dose happen

then you get some places that dont care what they sell you
AM was pretty bad i did not want to deal with them hardly at all
its taken 7 years for me to put some trust into that place to order from them
Good news! That’s very similar to what happened here. I just had a wonderful conversation with Brandon and he, like Dale @ Modmax did for you, explained how the headlight paint didn’t turn out to his satisfaction. He’s since ordered another set of headlights, will paint once there, install all the “guts” he still has from the original order, aim the projectors, seal the headlights up, and viola, done!

We made peace/reconciliation right away, we have a mutual understanding now that we’ve spoken, and both parties’ integrity is in tact!

Love it when things ultimately work out.

Cheers!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
UPDATE:

Brandon @ MaddRetros came through. Big time! The headlights arrived and I have them in place. I just need to replace one of those black, plastic nuts (with the 4 little “feet”), which I accidentally broke during installation. Guess I overcompensated for what little strength I have. Oops!

But, the headlight housings look simple, sharp and a clean look. Craftsmanship is excellent; they hooked right up electrically and were shipped very securely.

I am looking for a set of side markers though. After 7 months, I had forgotten if the new ones were a 1-piece or not? My bad. But, I’ve contacted Brandon about side markers from him (?) and after mentioning it here, will post a WTB thread on The Forum here. So, if anyone has a set of side markers (preferably tinted) for a ‘94-‘98 Cobra, I’m looking! Send me a PM with price + shipping to zip code 93066. Thanks!

Cheers everyone!

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
1. Headlights + fogs
2. Brights + fogs

I’ll adjust the beams and do night pictures next.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    328.1 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    319.2 KB · Views: 10

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
pretty sure they sell that part in the small part help section at vatozone. At least I think I saw it there or at oriely's and was a little surprised to see it.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, but as a last resort! I’m hoping I have a lead on a matching set thru MaddRetros, but it would break up a “last one” set Brandon’s offering at a discount, so we’ll see.

1695572393295.png1695572393295.png

Just the part on the right, obviously

Last edited:

badass98svt

Reaction score
I have some black corners laying around here somewhere I believe. Still in the box

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have some black corners laying around here somewhere I believe. Still in the box
Cool, let me know!

On edit: Cancel that request! Brandon @ MaddRetros is going to make me a set to match the headlights. Thank you anyways!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
T-minus 1 week for front corner lights/housings. Can’t wait to finally complete the front end and button it all up.
And, I can’t wait to close this thread. What a snowball/whirlwind this turned into, yikes! So long as the end result is there, all the other crap seems to just go away!
Pics upon completion…. And thanks EVERYONE for not only chiming in but for enduring ME (and my rant, for which I remain apologetic) in this roller-coaster of a lighting project. Cheers!

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
They arrived today and I will install them tomorrow. Finally, my headlights/fog lights will be done!!

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Took a good bit of fiddling, a couple of modifications to the new header panel and about 3 hours, but they’re in (need some major adjusting still). I’m liking the look of the custom headlights /corner lights setup. Pictures coming soon…

Last edited:
OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Here’s some pix. The battery is still pulled while I finish the radiator install (last of the parts due to be delivered tomorrow), so no pix with lights on. But soon…

And obviously, still need to adjust them

Attachments

• IMG_1632.jpeg
    IMG_1632.jpeg
    214.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1633.jpeg
    IMG_1633.jpeg
    340.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1634.jpeg
    IMG_1634.jpeg
    269.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1631.jpeg