well I have no mustang :(

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
brian you really need to read into the site more. Rotrex just makes the blower housings/units truuble is talking of making kits to stick them on stangs.

They are fixing the lack of bottom end of the centri and lack of top end from positive displacement blowers by implement "multispeed gearbox" into the sc. It kind of combines the pros/power of the centri/positive displacement blowers and turbos all into one. They are very efficient (says up to 98%), less parasitic loss and apparently very quiet. They are supposed to have a low cost and more compact also. It is a pretty interesting design if you really look into it. It could change sc's if they take off.

And there is an s197 with one on it. I didnt see much info on it but it is @ 500+hp. In the vid you didnt even hear any whine or anything (can you say sleeper :naughty:) ima go see if i can dig up more info on it

i seen the stuff for GM on the third link under distributors and did not see anything for fords, thats why I said what I said they do have the kits for BMW and GM products but not for fords :dunno:.........................Ill stick with my ATI

here is what im talking about..http://www.w2wpowertrain.com/pc-122...-output-intercooled-supercharger-systems.aspx

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
well if what they are saying about it is true it would pretty much kick any superchargers ass. It sounds like the high end numbers will be greater than any centri and the low end numbers will ass rape a centri. Rotrex just supplies the head units and so far no one has stepped up to produce a kit for mustangs until now. When i was looking i found cars running multiple rotrex's. The vids of the s197 werent too great they showed it running around a track in holland i think. Hmm i did just find HKS offering a kit for the 05 stang. I am insterested in the price for the kit, if it is less than centris that would be bitchin.

I say exhaust rumble>sc whine

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
its going to be a torquemonster that still has good top end... well im gonna go outside and play with the stang i have been inside far too long. :eek:uttahere:

OP
OP
S

scarface

go get that kitty out from under your car...its still trying to steal yo transmishunz!

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
Ok I have went and checked out this rotex thing.......I have not FOUND ONE FOR A FORD at all. GM cars and bmw's some snow bikes and crap like that but NOTHING for a Ford of any kind

Precisely. No one has made a bracket/tubing kit for Mustangs. That's why I applied for the patent.

The numbers I was referring to were non-intercooled numbers. With an intercooler, or water/meth, the numbers would obviously be higher.

Don't worry . . we will have side by side dyno comparisons along with side by side ET/MPH comparisons.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
so truuble you think you will have any kit out this year? I am kind of curious of the time frame because if it is out soon enough i may have to look into getting one and hold off on the n2o :naughty:

that damn cat can have the transmission. It is in need of a serious rebuild anyways. I changed the tranny fluid yesterday (i dunno why since i will be pulling it soon but i was hoping the problem would go away). Maybe the tranny will fall on the cat when it takes it out so it will be like getting 2 birds with one stone ;D

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
so truuble you think you will have any kit out this year? I am kind of curious of the time frame because if it is out soon enough i may have to look into getting one and hold off on the n2o :naughty:

that damn cat can have the transmission. It is in need of a serious rebuild anyways. I changed the tranny fluid yesterday (i dunno why since i will be pulling it soon but i was hoping the problem would go away). Maybe the tranny will fall on the cat when it takes it out so it will be like getting 2 birds with one stone ;D

I'm hoping to have product in the next couple of months.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
really.... hmmm i might have to be one of your 1st customers if the price is reasonable. That is if i can hold off on the n2o for that amount of time :noes:... its gonna be tough. Are they going to be intercooled? If i end up getting one you will have to get me a nice sticker for the back window so i can do some free advertising for ya O0

Oh and by the way pushrod FTW! 8)

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
I'm likely going to sell both intercooled and non intercooled systems. That said, I'm a big fan of water/meth for intercooling.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
ic . Id appreciate it if ya could keep me in the loop because i am VERY interested in it. So prices will be competive compared to centris? I see 94-95 kits usually go for 2500-3000 so if its in that ballpark i will try my damndest to swing one.

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
ic . Id appreciate it if ya could keep me in the loop because i am VERY interested in it. So prices will be competive compared to centris? I see 94-95 kits usually go for 2500-3000 so if its in that ballpark i will try my damndest to swing one.

We should have a competetive price. Obviously, the intercooled version would be more.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
ya i figured that. Man i really want more power asap and was planning on having n2o before the end of april but after this i think i am going to save up and get the sc instead. If it is under 3k i should be able to manage it(my b-day is april 21st so if anyone wants to send me some b-day money pm me for my addy ;D). Ima sit down and take some time to figure out the $$ i will have and get a idea of how much id have in the n2o set up. Man that sc just sounds badass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online