Well Son Of A B@$ch

turion94

Reaction score
Got in the Mustang today and noticed a rattle coming from my exhaust. Yes, from the new x-pipe I just installed. I start driving and my car starts missing like I'm running out of gas and sounded like a Subaru.

I pull over and pop the hood. I notice steam coming from under the radiator cover and then disappears. I pull on the throttle cable and the motor is shaking I then notice sparking from my spark plug wire. It was touching the header and burned all the way through to the metal. I pull out some electrical tape and quick fix the wire and went strait to the shop.

After up on the lift I noticed the radiator on the bottom left corner was cracked and leaking coolant, my thermostat housing was leaking a little, and obviously my brand new 9mms ford racing wires are toast. Oh and the rattling noise was from my exhaust, coming from inside one of my cats on the new x-pipe. So I called American Muscle and they are sending me a new one.

Well at least my car has a new radiator, thermostat, wires (again) and will have shortly another x-pipe (again) :deeplist:

TanTop94

Reaction score
Woah...was that just like a breaking time for everything or?? Sorry to hear that man. Hope that everything gets worked out.

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Man what a bummer, all that at once. Atleast you were able to catch it in time and get it fixed before you nuked something.

test-tube-baby

Reaction score
Actually.. I kinda wish my stuff would break all at once... I hate fixing one thing and then driving down the road the next day you break another thing... Its a never ending cycle :thumbdown:

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
tough break man, as the saying goes when it rains it pours. At least you know the issues and she'll be fixed soon.

OP
OP
T

turion94

Reaction score
Thanks guys! Softens the blow a little. It was pretty cool because the guys at the shop really liked the car. Not too many clean SN95s around here anymore. So always makes good conversation with people. Only 108k mile? NO WAY!!!! Lol

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Damn man that sucks. I'm doing my radiator soon, actually have that, new hoses, clamps and thermostat sitting at my mechanics lol.. Mines been leaking coolant since november. Sucks about the x pipe too. you installed it yourself right? if not paying a shop twice would suck big time

OP
OP
T

turion94

Reaction score
Yea I installed it myself but had a shop do all the final touches with fitment. Having a lift makes all the difference. Ill have to crawl under the car and do it all over again.

5-oh-MUSTANG

Reaction score
Yea i had a rattle in one of my cats before. I think i scraped it too many times. I replaced the whole mid pipe with a new one. Cat was gone.

fiveohwblow

Reaction score
48cedb49-8f5c-42c6-a347-44dec2a76534_zps7c824347.jpg

Up on the lift.

Nope it wasn't. Why? What have you heard about em'?

Tms? Lots but I dot wish to go down that path again. Considering you don't have your car there, you're good.

OP
OP
T

turion94

Reaction score
Yea I got a brand new radiator and decided to replace my thermostat. I had to take it back the next day to have them re-do my thermostat because the housing started leaking. I don't think they let the silicone cure long enough. So they let it sit for most the day and pressure tested the coolant system and no leaks. American muscle is sending me another BBK x-pipe and should be here in the next couple days. I just have a little bit of a rattle coming from the cat at idle so it's not really bothering me driving it around. Next on my list is a clutch kit. It's starting to feel a little soft. All wear and tear stuff mostly. I just hit 108k on the clock.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.